No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Povetkin: The Joys of Disappointment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Povetkin: The Joys of Disappointment

By Cliff Rold - When we don't arrive at the desired destination as soon as possible, sometimes we miss the road. Most of boxing fandom would probably say the fight they wanted to see the most at heavyweight this year was a showdown between WBA/IBF/WBO titlist Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KO) and WBC titlist Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KO). It made perfect competitive sense. In March, both men went to scratch and came away victorious...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wilder vs Fury PPV is the fight!!! A "piston honda" J and soda popvetkin winner should face Wilder in March in Las Vegas. Hopefully soda pop can pull it off.. if not.. its back to ridiculously fake ASIDE (azzhole-side) 90/10 split demands from piston honda and eddie spaghetti. After the Fury fight.. we will truly see who the A side is!

Comment

This fight is such a head scratcher as far as importance. It feels like it SHOULD have a lot more lustre on it but it just doesn't. I can't exactly say that's an injustice either as both have looked uninspiring lately.

Sometimes, I like the fan hype here to get me excited about a fight that my logical side isn't moved by. Even ****** fan hype can help me lie to myself and get excited for fights I know are complete garbage (May/McGreg, Canelo/Chavez, etc). This isn't even a bad fight at all and I was hoping there to be a lot of debate over this one, along with great fan anticipation.
      Nada.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff
        If Tyson and Holyfield had clashed in 1990, if Team Tyson had skipped Douglas altogether, maybe much of the era still plays out the same. Maybe it doesn’t. How many of us would trade so many of the great memories of that era for that single fight in that single year?
        I believe the sport of boxing would of got close to the same quality fights regardless because the talent was present in that 90s era.

Comment

Wilder vs Fury is a mismatch. Any top 20-30 HW can beat today's Fury easily. Easily!

Comment

I'd say more top 15 at best. At his best he might arguably be #1 but his timing looks way off at the moment.

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
            Wilder vs Fury is a mismatch. Any top 20-30 HW can beat today's Fury easily. Easily!

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
              Wilder vs Fury PPV is the fight!!! A "piston honda" J and soda popvetkin winner should face Wilder in March in Las Vegas. Hopefully soda pop can pull it off.. if not.. its back to ridiculously fake ASIDE (azzhole-side) 90/10 split demands from piston honda and eddie spaghetti. After the Fury fight.. we will truly see who the A side is!
              AJ is going to be the A side compared to Wilder or Fury even if Povetkin knocks him out cold, that's how little people care about either of them. Don't be fooled by this US based community, US fans aren't getting behind Wilder in the way that fans here claim, and Fury was never that kind of draw because of the way he fights.

AJ is the A side and nothing will change that

Comment

It's casual boxing fans that get excited about AJ fights. Not to say he's anything less than a formidable fighter but he's not delivering thrills at the moment, in or out of the ring. There is only so much of his polished media persona that I can take. He seems determined to win the granny vote, so good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  This fight is such a head scratcher as far as importance. It feels like it SHOULD have a lot more lustre on it but it just doesn't. I can't exactly say that's an injustice either as both have looked uninspiring lately.

Sometimes, I like the fan hype here to get me excited about a fight that my logical side isn't moved by. Even ****** fan hype can help me lie to myself and get excited for fights I know are complete garbage (May/McGreg, Canelo/Chavez, etc). This isn't even a bad fight at all and I was hoping there to be a lot of debate over this one, along with great fan anticipation.
                  Nada.
                  Yeah I feel you on that. I don't feel anything about the AJ-Povetkin fight. I'll be following it on Bleacher Report and hoping to see that Povetkin KO's AJ. I don't even like Povetkin (because he's a known PED user), but I can't stand the AJ/Hearn show and all the deception and salesmanship that comes from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                    AJ is going to be the A side compared to Wilder or Fury even if Povetkin knocks him out cold, that's how little people care about either of them. Don't be fooled by this US based community, US fans aren't getting behind Wilder in the way that fans here claim, and Fury was never that kind of draw because of the way he fights.

AJ is the A side and nothing will change that
                    Lol.. yeah right.. if Povetkin ko's him.. AJ will no longer have the belts.. an Povetkin will definitely get his highest purse ever to fight Wilder in vegas.. or take a normal cut and fight Wilder in russia either case its showtime PPV, with the same result.. Wilder Kos that clown! Remember this is chess not checkers my boy.. if AJ loses those belts he will become the C side.. c yo azz later! unless he pops hearns nipple out his mouth and leaves the front porch and comes to the mecca of boxing to get brutally ko'd again by Wilder!

Comment

Working...
                    X