Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye - A Look Back at Five Career Defining Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye - A Look Back at Five Career Defining Fights

The 37-year-old is a former WBA, WBO and WBC cruiserweight and WBA heavyweight champion. David Haye has announced his retirement from boxing, having made his professional debut in 2002.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haye gets a lot of hate but i was always a big fan of his style. Text book boxer-puncher with legit hands.

A shame his career was so underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
      Haye gets a lot of hate but i was always a big fan of his style. Text book boxer-puncher with legit hands.

A shame his career was so underwhelming.
      Honestly he was one of my favorite boxers. I'm kinda sad to see him retire even though I know it's the right time. I thought he got way more hate than he deserved throughout his career but the man was a solid fighter. I think he had the potential to be even greater than what he was but not everyone lives up to their full potential.

Either way, Haye had a great career and I wish him well in retirement.

Comment

thankfully he didnt spoof his way into a joshua fight, that would have been classic haye

Comment

Watching Haye - Chisora in a bar in London was the fight that connected me to boxing. It was an exciting fight, and I'll remember Haye as great to watch.

Comment

Chisora was a career defining fight? The quicker he's gone the better. Haye was a fraud.

Comment

his resume was pretty terrible. popularity and quality don't always go together

Comment

As impressive as his wins over Mormeck and Valuev were, it's telling when two out of your five career-defining fights were humiliating losses.

Comment

I was a huge fan after his punch up with Carl Thompson. He gave and then received a good beating in that fight, and it wasn’t a fight he needed to take so early in his career.

I think he wanted to distance him self from the joke that was Fraudly Harrison in the eyes of the British public and took that beast on far too early.

Made a big fan of me how he showed how tough he was along side all the flashy skills, I couldn’t stand him before that to be honest.

Comment

David Gaye followed the typical euro-bum blueprint on making millions in exploiting the dumb UK casuals : Gaye ducked the #1. American champion U.S Steve Cunningham after Steve beat a prime Marco Huck for the IBF, only to challenge a local bum ( Enzo Maccarinelli ) for the WBO cruiserweight belt.

Then David Gaye beat on the scrub American Monte Barret in a WBC eliminator at HW -- at the time the WBC was held by the stronger of the Klitschko brothers Vitali. David Gaye thought he could chin little bro like other bums have managed in the past, we know the rest.

And I cant believe that the former 3x WBA American champion John Ruiz was not mentioned in this article as career defining win considering Ruiz's credentials and that it was the most meaningful title defense of Haye's WBA HW title ; which is also considered one of Gayes best performance, however the British journeyman Dereck Cheezesora was considered a 'Career-defining' fight -- laughable.

Comment

Working...
                    X