Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence on Loma: I don't see anything special, they hype him up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    I think sometimes when fighters make opinions of other fighters it's in the context of 'would this guy beat me or not?'.

Spence probably visualizes a fight between Lomachenko and him (pound for pound of course) and thinks: "neh I could totally destroy this guy".

Quite frankly I think even if Loma was a welterweight Spence would destroy him. Loma would be leading on points probably but he would be broken down from the minute the bell from the first round rings.

Spence doesn't follow the points system when he fights. You can see that he fights on the premise of breaking you down mentally and physically until there's nothing left of you. The scorecards are not on his mind when he fights. He's like, a skilled brawler.
    If Lomachenko was 5'9 and weighs 155+ fight night he would own Spence the way Usyk owned Huck.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Would Loma toy with Ali?
      we're talking a fantasy fight of different eras and different divisions. and visualizing a 200 lb plus heavyweight with Lomos footwork and speed is tough. its kinda like matching Pernell Whitaker vs Lennox Lewis. I can't even answer that question really. a more logical question would be can Lomo toy with Duran at 135? to that question I say hell no confidently and pick Duran to beat the soul out of Loma possibly retire him.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        we're talking a fantasy fight of different eras and different divisions. and visualizing a 200 lb plus heavyweight with Lomos footwork and speed is tough. its kinda like matching Pernell Whitaker vs Lennox Lewis. I can't even answer that question really. a more logical question would be can Lomo toy with Duran at 135? to that question I say hell no confidently and pick Duran to beat the soul out of Loma possibly retire him.
        Tell that to this guy:
        Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        The funny thing is that p4p he would probably toy with Ali. The guy is special and if someone can't see that, they're following the wrong sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          If Lomachenko was 5'9 and weighs 155+ fight night he would own Spence the way Usyk owned Huck.
          He didn't own Salido though....we believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
            Typical Click bait title aimed at creating friction for no reason. Spence said he does not see anything 'too' special. That means he admits he is special but not as hyped up as he is being made out to me. On to the next!
            Smart guy here!

Spence repeats twice actually: "Nothing TOO special." That's true. Loma is special but not the best thing in boxing. Spence is a fighter. Why would he suck Loma's dick?

Loma says the same thing about other boxers too.

Reading is fundamental.

Green K, bro.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-07-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
              He didn't own Salido though....we believe you.
              Ali didn't own Berbick and he didn't own Doug Jones. Boxing doesn't work like that.

Anyway Loma vs. Ali is dumb. Too far in weight and Loma is just starting. Ali is already great.

Loma would school Spence on a p4p level though. Not a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Ali didn't own Berbick and he didn't own Doug Jones. Boxing doesn't work like that.

Anyway Loma vs. Ali is dumb. Too far in weight and Loma is just starting. Ali is already great.

Loma would school Spence on a p4p level though. Not a close fight.
                That Ali would have lost to Rod Salka! He was 200 years in boxing time and beyond shot. Not a good comparison.

Comment

I like Loma personally but you can't force everyone to love him. If it keeps up this way, Loma will replace GGG as a target for ridicule. Chill out guys.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Okay. That's the kind of hype most people will not agree with. As for me, I say we will never know.
                    Really? How many fighters did Ali beat with anywhere near the footwork, skill and coordination of Loma? A boxer-type fighter won't be beating Loma. Kinda like they wouldn't beat a prime Roy Jones. At the most elite level, superior athletic ability with special coordination and experience is the top rung and that's Loma. I get the whole "Ali automatically trumps everyone" thing because he's a legend.....blah, blah, blah but that doesn't cloud my opinion here. If one dimensional Frazier beat Ali, surely the best amateur of all time could p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      Lol no fkn way Duran beats Loma at 135. Your logic that Loma lost to Solido is surely your justifying thought on this but you're forgetting that it was his 2nd pro fight against an extremely durable, seasoned fighter who he arguably beat anyways. The current version of Loma should be favored over anyone at 130-135 ever. And yes, there's proof to support that.

Comment

Working...
                      X