Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yamaguchi Falcao Ready To Replace Canelo, Fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yamaguchi Falcao Ready To Replace Canelo, Fight Golovkin

Middleweight prospect Yamaguchi Falcao (15-0) is the latest fighter to throw his name into the mix to be WBC/WBA/IBF/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin's May 5th opponent. Golovkin is scheduled to face Canelo Alvarez in a rematch of their September, 2017 bout that ended
    [Click Here To Read More]

I mean it isn't as bad as Dominic Wade, but it may as well be...

Why fight if you can't get any name? It's beyond embarrassing at this point and they should just wait to fight BJS if they really need to. There are a few other fighters at 160 other than Canelo and then some guys at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      I mean it isn't as bad as Dominic Wade, but it may as well be...

Why fight if you can't get any name? It's beyond embarrassing at this point and they should just wait to fight BJS if they really need to. There are a few other fighters at 160 other than Canelo and then some guys at 168.
      Team GGG only seems to care about money now. Not only did Canelo duck him for years, but now Tom Loeffler and GBP have a rule in place that says "as long as GGG and Canelo still ever plan to fight in the future, GGG is not allowed to fight any top opponents in the meantime because he could get injured and set back the PPV money grab." This could even go on another 2 years if they plan to fight a 3rd or 4th time.

It's pathetic. GGG has not once missed a fight due to injury since coming to the U.S, and yet now they won't even let him fight good opponents because of the injury "risk." How about Loeffler just tells them "We're not ruining GGG's career anymore for you guys. He's going to fight who he wants, then he can fight Canelo next. Or if the small possibility of an injury does occur, then Canelo can wait for GGG to heal and fight him then, just like we waited for you guys for years."

But one thing Tom Loeffler has proven over and over again managing GGG is that he is a yes man. He never stands up for himself or for GGG. He just does what he's told. Tom Loeffler is the real "good boy" not GGG's opponents. He just waits in line like a good boy and puts GGG's career and his legacy on hold, this time permanently I think given GGG's age, because he knows he will be rewarded with a payout in the end.

I can't believe how badly he has screwed up GGG's career. I think if GGG isn't going to fight Saunders, and if he's not going to move up to 168, and if his promoter is not going to be bothered about getting him even playing fields against non-roided opponents because that would require standing up for GGG which he has always been remiss to do, then I think GGG should just retire. I was a big fan of GGG coming up, but Tom Loeffler and Abel Sanchez have undercut absolutely everything that GGG was supposed to represent in the sport.

"I no like business, I like box. I want show who is who." Remember that? Whether he meant it or not, it's clear Loeffler and Abel had other plans.

Comment

Another shíthouse begging for a payday

Comment

Weak option compared to what else is currently on the table.

Comment

We'll only know when we hit rock bottom when Khan puts his hand up

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Team GGG only seems to care about money now. Not only did Canelo duck him for years, but now Tom Loeffler and GBP have a rule in place that says "as long as GGG and Canelo still ever plan to fight in the future, GGG is not allowed to fight any top opponents in the meantime because he could get injured and set back the PPV money grab." This could even go on another 2 years if they plan to fight a 3rd or 4th time.

It's pathetic. GGG has not once missed a fight due to injury since coming to the U.S, and yet now they won't even let him fight good opponents because of the injury "risk." How about Loeffler just tells them "We're not ruining GGG's career anymore for you guys. He's going to fight who he wants, then he can fight Canelo next. Or if the small possibility of an injury does occur, then Canelo can wait for GGG to heal and fight him then, just like we waited for you guys for years."

But one thing Tom Loeffler has proven over and over again managing GGG is that he is a yes man. He never stands up for himself or for GGG. He just does what he's told. Tom Loeffler is the real "good boy" not GGG's opponents. He just waits in line like a good boy and puts GGG's career and his legacy on hold, this time permanently I think given GGG's age, because he knows he will be rewarded with a payout in the end.

I can't believe how badly he has screwed up GGG's career. I think if GGG isn't going to fight Saunders, and if he's not going to move up to 168, and if his promoter is not going to be bothered about getting him even playing fields against non-roided opponents because that would require standing up for GGG which he has always been remiss to do, then I think GGG should just retire. I was a big fan of GGG coming up, but Tom Loeffler and Abel Sanchez have undercut absolutely everything that GGG was supposed to represent in the sport.

"I no like business, I like box. I want show who is who." Remember that? Whether he meant it or not, it's clear Loeffler and Abel had other plans.
              Basically all of that, why I've never been a fan of GGG. His greatness is all based on hypotheticals, "He would have beaten that guy, he would beat that guy" etc. but why have these fights never happened?

Loeffler and Abel are useless and especially now that the Canelo thing is happening, they don't wanna ruin their money train.

He is based in the USA now and has been for a while, he isn't the biggest star but he has a larger fanbase than the majority of boxers but yet can't get any of the fights the fans have been asking for for ages now? It's just a joke.

I enjoyed the Canelo / GGG fight and thought GGG won, but I just can't look back on his career and say he was great, his resume is a joke to me. People can blame that on as many reasons as they want but the fights boxing fans wanted just didn't happen. He's got a couple years left in him so he has to get to work

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                We'll only know when we hit rock bottom when Khan puts his hand up
                After Jeff Horn gets beaten by Crawford it would not surprise me if they dragged him up to face GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  Basically all of that, why I've never been a fan of GGG. His greatness is all based on hypotheticals, "He would have beaten that guy, he would beat that guy" etc. but why have these fights never happened?

Loeffler and Abel are useless and especially now that the Canelo thing is happening, they don't wanna ruin their money train.

He is based in the USA now and has been for a while, he isn't the biggest star but he has a larger fanbase than the majority of boxers but yet can't get any of the fights the fans have been asking for for ages now? It's just a joke.

I enjoyed the Canelo / GGG fight and thought GGG won, but I just can't look back on his career and say he was great, his resume is a joke to me. People can blame that on as many reasons as they want but the fights boxing fans wanted just didn't happen. He's got a couple years left in him so he has to get to work
                  First of all, its a little ****ed up to hold that position knowing full well the large amount of fighters who blatently ducked GGG and the fact that by fighting Jacobs, Canelo and signing up to fight Canelo for a second time in CONSECUTIVE fights represents a far harder series of fights than many of his contemporaries can claim. The Canelo fights aren't just cash grabs they are fights with a great opponent.

But even with that being said I wouldn't hold your overall opinion against you so long as you hold all of the other guys you want GGG to fight to the same standard. When Charlo beats Centeno and Jacobs beats Suleki (however his name is spelled) they will be in line for a mandatory shot with GGG. Charlo will be an interm belt holder and Jacobs will be the WBA mandatory. Will they protect their guaranteed shots at GGG or will they dare to be great by fighting each other? Sergei Derevychenko reportedly turned down the fight with Andrade because HBO only offered 500k for the fight after offering 800k for it in December. Is he really going to settle for a much easier option just because he’s going to get 150k less than he would have originally gotten? Will Ryoto Murata finally fight someone with a pulse or will he go along with Bob Arum’s plan to fight Yamaguchi Falcao next after his upcoming joke of a fight in a blatant bid to protect his own shot at GGG. Billy Joe Saunders could have stepped up to fight any one of these guys after he dismantled David Lemieux. Instead he wastes time fighting multiple time title fight loser Martin Murray in an easy hometown defense.

There are a lot of good fights at 160 that can be made. The GGG/Canelo drama isn’t the only thing holding them up. Just hold everyone to the same standard.
                  Last edited by yankees7448; 04-03-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

Loeffler sucks, he always failed to get GGG the big fights.

He got him Lemieux and Jacobs as decent fights and that's it.
                    And GGG had to look bad to get the Jacobs fight.

Then he got Alvarez too late, couldn't get honest judges and an even playing field.

Now Loeffler will screw up GGG last hot bullets fighting cans and will offer Canelo and GBP GGG on a plate at 38.

Comment

Working...
                    X