Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Prez: I Would Love To See Kovalev vs. Beterbiev Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF Prez: I Would Love To See Kovalev vs. Beterbiev Happen

International Boxing Federation President Daryl Peoples believes his light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (12-0, 12 KOs), is the top dog of the division. Beterbiev captured the vacant IBF world title in November with a TKO victory over Enrico Koelling. No date has been set for his next return fight as the Russian boxer is involved in a contractual dispute with Canadian promoter Yvon Michel of GYM.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully someone takes that belt from Beterbiev, one title defense a year if we are lucky

Comment

GYM is fu*king over Beterbiev! "Free Beterbiev!" Let the man go, so he can break Kovalev's ribcage! After seeing Ward crush Kovalev's body, I can only imagine what Beterbiev will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        Hopefully someone takes that belt from Beterbiev, one title defense a year if we are lucky
        Well yeah thats because no one wants to fight him

Comment

Kovalev will beat Bieterbiev. Superior skill. Hits just as hard. B has yet fought fresh meat. He struggled his last fight. Kov proved to the world his greatness beating Ward in the first fight.

Comment

Hope we see this in June, Stevenson-Gvozdyk in August or September, then the winners fight in December. Winner of that vs Bivol spring 2019.

Comment

So many beasts in a division - and let's include Ward for the sake of fantasy - yet so few massive fights have taken place. Such a fkn disappointment. Heck, in a better world, Stevenson and Kovalev would've had a couple of scraps by now; Beterbiev and Kov would be at least negotiating; Ward would still be active and have tested himself against another player other than Kov, but it just hasn't happened the way most of us (I'm assuming) would've liked.
              Boxing frustrates me almost as much as women do.

Comment

I’ve said it again & again Beterbiev is the Real Boogyman in this division !! If & when The stupid Frenchman let’s him go & fight watch out LHD the boogyman will clear everyone out!! 🏃🏾*♂️🥊

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  So many beasts in a division - and let's include Ward for the sake of fantasy - yet so few massive fights have taken place. Such a fkn disappointment. Heck, in a better world, Stevenson and Kovalev would've had a couple of scraps by now; Beterbiev and Kov would be at least negotiating; Ward would still be active and have tested himself against another player other than Kov, but it just hasn't happened the way most of us (I'm assuming) would've liked.
                  Boxing frustrates me almost as much as women do.
                  the less ward fights the better. you really want to see more clinch/cheat fests? whats the point? we know if hes challenged hes just gonna do that and they are gonna gift him the fight. there is no point. hes taken enough from boxing
                  Last edited by daggum; 02-07-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    the less ward fights the better. you really want to see more clinch/cheat fests? whats the point? we know if hes challenged hes just gonna do that and they are gonna gift him the fight. there is no point. hes taken enough from boxing
                    Would liked to have seen how he would fare against Stevenson and Beterbiev at least. I'm definitely not his #1 fan but I grudgingly respect him as an undefeated champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X