• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor vs. Humberto Soto Set For March 3, Glasgow

Just been announced

I was expecting better to be honest.

Step down from his last opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
      I was expecting better to be honest.

Step down from his last opponent.
      The Soto fight is more dangerous then the Vazquez one IMO. Soto can crack and has much more experience.

Comment

Nah, this is just a name on the resume. Isn't he retired by now? This is like when Ricky Hatton fought Jose Castillo..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Nah, this is just a name on the resume. Isn't he retired by now? This is like when Ricky Hatton fought Jose Castillo..
          Yeah man, wouldn't have fought for 18 months by then. Sort of stay busy/name fight. Divisions pretty tied up at the moment though. Think they wanna do something big in the summer

Comment

might be a fun fight but i expected a better opponent tbh, but then again taylor is young with barely any fights. no need to rush him i guess?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              might be a fun fight but i expected a better opponent tbh, but then again taylor is young with barely any fights. no need to rush him i guess?
              Hes sort of been left out in the cold, really just has to build his profile til something comes along. This fights in a bigger arena than he normally fights in.

WBC - Imam/Ramirez winner fights Prograis/Postol
              IBF - Garcia/Lipinets winner fights Baranchyk/Yigit
              WBA - Barthelemy/Relikh
              WBO - Flanagan/Hooker winner probably fights Catterall

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Hes sort of been left out in the cold, really just has to build his profile til something comes along. This fights in a bigger arena than he normally fights in.

WBC - Imam/Ramirez winner fights Prograis/Postol
                IBF - Garcia/Lipinets winner fights Baranchyk/Yigit
                WBA - Barthelemy/Relikh
                WBO - Flanagan/Hooker winner probably fights Catterall
                are those fights all signed? I thought Yigit is moving down a division? at least thats what he said when asked if he wants to fight Taylor lol. Clear duck, at least he was honest about it.

The Jury is still out on how good Prograis really is and Garcia is obviously too much right now but Taylor is levels above the rest of those names and takes them all out with relative ease imo...Whats Taylors highest ranking?

Comment

Taylor v Flanagan would be a good UK fight in the next 12-18 months.

I feel Flanagan is wasting his best years and also has a padded resume. I blame Frank Warren

Comment

Prograis/Postol and Baranchyk/Yigit are on the same card http://boxrec.com/en/event/763584

Taylors #5 WBC, #IBF 10, #15 WBO

Maybe sit and wait for WBC to sort itself out, think anyone wins a vacant WBC title has to do 2 mandatories back to back

Comment

Working...
                    X