Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson vs. Eleider Alvarez Confirmed For 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson vs. Eleider Alvarez Confirmed For 2018

The light heavyweight showdown between Adonis Stevenson and Eleider Alvarez is officially getting pushed back to January 2018. Their mutual promoter, Yvon Michel of GYM, has confirmed the news after discussing the matter with Showtime, who are going to televise the contest in the United States. Alvarez has been the mandatory challenger, for nearly two years, to Stevenson's WBC light heavyweight title. Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs) and Alvarez (23-0, 11 KOs), who are both advised by Al Haymon, were ordered to fight each other by the World Boxing Council.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In other news Stevenson vs Alvarez has been pushed back until 2019

Comment

it only took him 4+ years to fight his mandatory LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        Haha wouldn't surprise anybody. But the reasoning seems solid. Should be a good scrap

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          i agree showtime hasnt set aside a date for this except the december date...and just bc they got december doesnt mean they will get january..I HATE THIS

how could a trainer elect to go with david lemuel over an undefeated fighter that just ko'd bute and beat pascal and is not fight for the lineal title

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            Haha wouldn't surprise anybody. But the reasoning seems solid. Should be a good scrap
            It will be. Nice to see Stevenson back in action too

Comment

It's frustrating that pbc fighters are a bit inactive and I got Alvarez for the upset

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                i agree showtime hasnt set aside a date for this except the december date...and just bc they got december doesnt mean they will get january..I HATE THIS

how could a trainer elect to go with david lemuel over an undefeated fighter that just ko'd bute and beat pascal and is not fight for the lineal title
                not a surprise at all. Stevenson is a once a year fighter.

It's a shame because alvarez had such a good performance that people will forget all about it by the time they fight.

With Spence already getting a January date I wouldn't be surprised if they move this to February or March. Showtime doesn't usually do two cards in January.

I just hope it happens soon
                Last edited by killakali; 10-16-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

this fight is long overdue. Age is fast catching up on Adonis.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    It's frustrating that pbc fighters are a bit inactive and I got Alvarez for the upset
                    You think Adonis was in a rush to get back out there and defend that title?

Comment

Working...
                    X