Floyd straight up ducked Cotto in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Is that why Floyd said Cotto lives too far, isn't a PPV star and won't let the sport of boxing retire him?

Floyd said that because Cotto saw Floyd beat Gatti?
    Cotto said he was too green for the fight when Floyd was at 140 and in his prime. The minute Floyd retired he was ready for the fight. Such a coincidence. Who did Cotto fight, what kind of training did he do that would prepare him for a Floyd fight two years after he and his team said he was too green? Floyd would have schooled Cotto at any weight at any period of his career. Why would he need to duck? You make no sense.

Comment

Floyd clearly said "cotto isnt a PPV star, cotto lives too far, I will retire from the sport of boxing before it retires me".

He then proceeded to fight a JWW and retire almost 2 years.
      So...which TR fighter had Floyd fought until Manny then?

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
        Cotto said he was too green for the fight when Floyd was at 140 and in his prime. The minute Floyd retired he was ready for the fight. Such a coincidence. Who did Cotto fight, what kind of training did he do that would prepare him for a Floyd fight two years after he and his team said he was too green? Floyd would have schooled Cotto at any weight at any period of his career. Why would he need to duck? You make no sense.
        This pretty well sums it up

Comment

Stop right there. You do realize that you skipped almost 3 year period right?

How do you skip roughly 3 years and make it seem like all this happened over night?

We're talking about Spring 2008, not summer 2010. That's a pretty big gap, don't you think?
          Mosley fought Cotto at the end of 2007. You could have had Mosley ahead of Cotto straight after the fight. The fight was that close. Cotto lost to Margarito in 2008. So that's 2 fighters you could have had ahead of Cotto in 2008. But of course Mayweather toyed with Mosley when he came back so it's better to hype Cotto up to discredit Mayweather.

Comment

"I will fight Floyd Mayweather and whoever they put in front of me"

Miguel Cotto Nov 2007

"I don't want to call out no Welterweights. I will retire from the sport of boxing before retires me. I have nothing left to prove in the sport of boxing"

Floyd Mayweather Dec 2007

Comment

Mayweather ducked a lot of prime fighters which is a shame because he would've probably beat them all. Now he as to live the the "ducker" stigma!

Comment

These types of anti-TBE threads make Pretty Boy32 and his friends
                fume mad.
                They get back by attacking Pac even if the author in not pro Pac.
                I expect Pretty Boy32 make another counter thread about Pac in no time.
                Just watch.

Comment

It took Floyd all of 3 weeks after Cotto left Top Rank to make a fight with him. Bob Arum was never going to let Cotto fight Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Mosley fought Cotto at the end of 2007. You could have had Mosley ahead of Cotto straight after the fight. The fight was that close. Cotto lost to Margarito in 2008. So that's 2 fighters you could have had ahead of Cotto in 2008. But of course Mayweather toyed with Mosley when he came back so it's better to hype Cotto up to discredit Mayweather.

I can say the same about Hatton losing to Collazo. Are you forgetting about Collazo having Hatton on queer street? What's your point? If your point is that Hatton was the weakest link, I agree.

As I stated in the OP, Mayweather was supposed to fight Cotto NLT summer 2008 so why are you deflecting by bringing in Margarito?

If Floyd doesn't retire from boxing, Cotto vs Margarito never happens.

Even uncle Roger knew this as shown in the OP.

Comment

I can say the same about Hatton losing to Collazo. Are you forgetting about Collazo having Hatton on queer street? What's your point? If your point is that Hatton was the weakest link, I agree.

As I stated in the OP, Mayweather was supposed to fight Cotto NLT summer 2008 so why are you deflecting by bringing in Margarito?

If Floyd doesn't retire from boxing, Cotto vs Margarito never happens.

Even uncle Roger knew this as shown in the OP.
                      How was he supposed to fight Cotto? Mayweather planned to retire after the DLH fight. Hatton called him out and after the fight he retired as planned. Cotto had Mosley problems, being lucky to get the decision and avoided a rematch, only to get taken out by Margarito.

Stop trying to hype Cotto up as if he was a beast people were avoiding. He wasn't.
                      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 07-22-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X