Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto saw Floyd beat the **** out of Gatti and he didn't want none of that

Comment

And of course his nemesis defeated Cotto a couple of yrs later. I cant remember the timeline exactly but this riled Floyd no end!!

Comment

Didn't Floyd vs Hatton do like 900k buys? What would cotto have done at that time? Cotto got a VERY close win over Mosley, Hatton beat THE MAN at 140...made him quit... does ANYONE really believe Ricky would've done better at jww vs Floyd? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
          Cotto saw Floyd beat the **** out of Gatti and he didn't want none of that
          Is that why Floyd said Cotto lives too far, isn't a PPV star and won't let the sport of boxing retire him?

Floyd said that because Cotto saw Floyd beat Gatti?

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            Didn't Floyd vs Hatton do like 900k buys? What would cotto have done at that time? Cotto got a VERY close win over Mosley, Hatton beat THE MAN at 140...made him quit... does ANYONE really believe Ricky would've done better at jww vs Floyd? Give me a break.
            Yes. The Mosley V Cotto fight was a very close fight that many thought Mosley won. Mosley then destroyed the guy that destroyed Cotto. Mosley became the man at WW and Mayweather beat him easily. People like to write that win off but at the time Mosley was the #1 WW and Pacquiao ducked him.

Comment

Last I checked, at the time, out of Cotto, Williams, Margarito and Hatton, Hatton was considered the weakest link at welterweight?

Luis Collazo had Hatton in queer street with Hatton barely squeezing by.

But to play Devil's advocate, I see nothing wrong with Floyd fighting Hatton, Cotto, Williams and Margarito consecutively.

I have a problem with Floyd fighting the JWW and then retiring while saying "I have nothing left to prove in the sport of boxing".

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Yes. The Mosley V Cotto fight was a very close fight that many thought Mosley won. Mosley then destroyed the guy that destroyed Cotto. Mosley became the man at WW and Mayweather beat him easily. People like to write that win off but at the time Mosley was the #1 WW and Pacquiao ducked him.
                Yep, Roach said 142 doe lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  Last I checked, at the time, out of Cotto, Williams, Margarito and Hatton, Hatton was considered the weakest link at welterweight?

Luis Collazo had Hatton in queer street with Hatton barely squeezing by.

But to play Devil's advocate, I see nothing wrong with Floyd fighting Hatton, Cotto, Williams and Margarito consecutively.

I have a problem with Floyd fighting the JWW and then retiring while saying "I have nothing left to prove in the sport of boxing".
                  I'm sorry, which TR fighter had Floyd fought until Manny? I forgot

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Yes. The Mosley V Cotto fight was a very close fight that many thought Mosley won. Mosley then destroyed the guy that destroyed Cotto. Mosley became the man at WW and Mayweather beat him easily.
                    Stop right there. You do realize that you skipped almost 3 year period from when Floyd fought Hatton to when he fought Mosley, right?

How do you skip roughly 3 years and make it seem like all this happened over night?

We're talking about Spring 2008, not summer 2010. That's a pretty big gap, don't you think?
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, which TR fighter had Floyd fought until Manny? I forgot
                      Floyd clearly said "cotto isnt a PPV star, cotto lives too far, I will retire from the sport of boxing before it retires me".

He then proceeded to fight a JWW and retire almost 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X