• Show
Clear All

• hhs661
    replied
    Is that all? That's a shame for any entity like hbo

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    The average penetration per subscriber was higher for Showtime.

And more importantly, Anthony Joshua is the one who won the fight and who everyone is buzzing about. Having him signed to an exclusive contract is a big win for Showtime going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
    HBOLD IS AVAILABLE IN 27% MORE HOMES! THEY SHOULD BEAT SHOWTIME BY MORE THAN THIS..... GOOD FOR JOSHUA TO GET GOOD RATINGS ON BOTH CHANNELS..... PLUS 1.5 MILLION PPV'S IN LONDON.....

HBO = 30 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS!
    SHOWTIME = 22 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS!

FACTS MATTER
    Its definitely lower than I expected. I was thinking about 1Mish & it didn't even peak at 1M or better.

But that said its only 100k off the expected numbers using the 27% more viewers math so its not a huge problem. Plus & probably more importantly I think HBO has been hurting their brand with showing less boxing on regular HBO or less quality boxing for sure so its not entirely unexpected these numbers are low. And I'd even argue its probably cuz most US boxing fans never gave a f#ck about Klitschko & just don't know who Joshua is yet.

I'm super curious what Joshua's next fight does #'s wise in the US. I think that'll be more telling cuz I think the US Joshua hype train hasn't even left the station yet.

Leave a comment:

• boxingitis
    replied
    ****ITIS HBOLD IS IN 27% MORE HOMES THAN SHOWTIME!!! SO WHICH ****** SAID SHOWTIME WOULD BEAT THEM???? ONLY ******S LIKE YOU WHO ARE OBSESSED WITH HAYMON LMFAO..... HBO IS SUPPOSED TO DOMINATE SHOWTIME... IF SHOWTIME WAS IN MILLIONS OF MORE HOMES THAN HBO WE WOULD EXPECT SHOWTIME TO WIN EVERYTIME ALSO...... ONE AGAIN FACTS MATTER ****ITIS..... SHOWTIME IS IN 22 MILLION HOMES AND HBO IS IN 30 MILLION HOMES.... LEARN MATH
    It was a replay u dumbass and most ppl knew the outcome. Take it in, HBO is better than El Gaymon.
    Last edited by boxingitis; 05-02-2017, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    these are not low numbers you just seem to have delusional expectations.... Hbo did great and showtime did great.... Wlad has fought on hbo for a decade! This fight was the highest rated hbo fight of 2017 so you are wrong there again..... Showtime had their highest rated fight for an early evening show in channel history..... Dont ignore these facts just to act like you are right...
    I think I am not making my point clear. My bad, let me try again.

I am not suggesting the numbers were bad, just that they were low for each individual network IMO. The total it was good because it was higher than wlad/fury numbers, which were about 1.1 mil.

Had each been allowed to promote it more agressively, I think the numbers would be even higher than the total.

We on the same page?

Leave a comment:

• PoserExposer
    replied
    We all know how to chalk one up on a win column on NSB. Pick the slightest conversation against Jason Shaw, it's like taking candy away from a baby. Or better yet, like watching a 5 hour delayed fight on HBO even after watching it live on Showtime then reading the numbers were equal to Wilder-Molina. Yeah you're right, that's star power right there!!! I can't stop laughing at you Shaw!!!
    you ****** again you are wrong..... Hbo is a old ass channel... Showtime is not..... Thats why they have 8 million more subs..... Google is very easy to use genius..... Do some research
    Last edited by PoserExposer; 05-02-2017, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I agree that advertising the fight played a part. I'm just pointing out how agendas work.

May-Pac gets the blame for GGG-Lemieux. Nevermind the fact that Lemieux wasn't built up on HB before the fight. He previous fight was on Fox Sports 2 and got a little over 100k in ratings. GGG wasn't a household name. But a month later Canelo-Cotto, two fighters with previous PPV success, does 900K and nobody mentions May-Pac. May-Pac gets the blame when fighters the media are pushing down our throats don't do so well. The agenda is clear to me
    Yes, the agenda is clear. You just have to learn to ignore it. Imbeciles are allowed an opinion just like rational people. Just understand that those that suggest that are hell bent on doing anything they can to diminish the Floyd victory.

Don't let them ruin future fights for you.

Leave a comment:

• BoxingFan85
    replied
    they have more subscribers because showtime is not available everywhere..... Hbo is the older network and has a wider reach..... Showtime is only available in certain places for some reason.... Even with that logic and even with 8 million more sub hbo only beat showtime by only 200k viewers!!! The hbo fight was in primetime at 10 !! Showtime was early evening when people are out or eating dinner.... 8 million fewer homes is a big factor.....
    you are clutching at every possible straws to prove Showtime > HBO.. I'm not even worried who wins among the networks..
    Don't you think if this fight was televised on CBS/FOX/Spike at 4pm it would have done more numbers than Showtime?

Leave a comment:

• Tha_Greatest
    replied
    Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
    HBO broadcasted the fight 5 hours later. There were 90,000 fans in attendance, Showtime had a more substantial promotion having the Live rights to the fight and Gayson still can't live with that fact. The insults are just a desperate attempt to have the last word when they have no argument to begin with. It's classic Jason Shaw, jabroni to the core boxing audience on NSB.
    yeah i know what you mean but try as he may , hbo beat sho, he cant change that unless a magic genie popped outta his azz and granted him the wish to magically change the ratings to shos favor, thats a fairy tale situation so jason is mad at hbo for annialating sho, lol true story

Leave a comment:

• BoxingFan85
    replied
    Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Sure, we can find reasons to excuse it for not doing better. But, I'm looking at it as; this is one of boxing's biggest fights of the year (esp for non-PPV for the US). Bums me out that it didn't draw more fans, especially when it was such a great fight. We've got HBO budget shrinking, PBC just hanging in there. I really love how much free (or non-PPV) boxing we have on TV now and am worried about that not flourishing so I'm hoping everyone pulls big numbers.
    I agree.. Makes a very strong case to have AJ fight in the states.. UK based fights air mid day/evening here & would never make those numbers a good fight makes on saturday evening(only exception was Spence-Bundu)..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X