Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoxingFan85
    replied
    Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
    I'd like to see him vs Eubank Jr. It's a step up considering who Eubank has mixed it up with and a litmus test on Andy's career. I think it would pull decent numbers at the gates. Winner faces off with Billy Joe/GGG for the straps.
    I like the matchup.. the question is, would it be for Eubank Jr's prestigious IBO title at 168
    From what I read today they want a catchweifht fight with Bellew..

Leave a comment:

• StudentOfDaGame
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    I hope so too.. but he has been saying he might retire in 2018 after a few big fights.. He is a decent boxer but he won't see the final bell against top 3-4 current MWs.. Billy Joe got him in trouble and Billy isn't even a big puncher..
    I'd like to see him vs Eubank Jr. It's a step up considering who Eubank has mixed it up with and a litmus test on Andy's career. I think it would pull decent numbers at the gates. Winner faces off with Billy Joe/GGG for the straps.

Leave a comment:

• BoxingFan85
    replied
    All that draining himself takes its toll & I think we're starting to see that. That four fight stretch he went on culminating in a defeat to Billy Joe took a lot out of him. He had a nice lay off though, let's hope it's just ring rust.
    I hope so too.. but he has been saying he might retire in 2018 after a few big fights.. He is a decent boxer but he won't see the final bell against top 3-4 current MWs.. Billy Joe got him in trouble and Billy isn't even a big puncher..

Leave a comment:

• StudentOfDaGame
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Lee is a lanky dude with really long arms for his height.. it's a pity he was not always able to get off his shots and move the last fight...
    All that draining himself takes its toll & I think we're starting to see that. That four fight stretch he went on culminating in a defeat to Billy Joe took a lot out of him. He had a nice lay off though, let's hope it's just ring rust.

Leave a comment:

• BoxingFan85
    replied
    73". He had a 2 inch disadvantage vs Andy Lee.
    Lee is a lanky dude with really long arms for his height.. it's a pity he was not always able to get off his shots and move the last fight...

Leave a comment:

• BoxingFan85
    replied
    Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
    That depends on where you put the pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Logic
    replied
    Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    when he fights GGG somehow it will be 90' according to the trolls
    Wrong. Everyone has said Jacobs has a 73 inch reach, which is accurate. Approximately 3 inches longer than GGG.

The only thing "trolls" either exaggerate, or underestimate, is the weight, because Jacobs was so ashamed of how badly he played the system that he wouldn't even step on the unofficial scales before the fight to give fans a fair idea of how much the fighters they were paying to watch fight each weighed for the fight.

So now as a result of that, we will never know whether he only weighed 8 pounds more than GGG, or 18 pounds more. You can't blame the "trolls" for that! There's only one person to blame for that one and it's Jacobs.

Leave a comment:

• LarryX....
    replied
    when he fights GGG somehow it will be 90' according to the trolls

Leave a comment:

• StudentOfDaGame
    replied
    73". He had a 2 inch disadvantage vs Andy Lee.

Leave a comment:

• Mequetrefe
    replied
    That depends on where you put the pizza.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X