Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan vs. Lamont Peterson in Play For February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giacomino
    replied
    Not much of a fan of Peterson but Avanesyan was handed an interim alphabet belt against an aged club fighter, then beat the corpse of Mosley. It's not like he's actually earned a legit title shot, so this is probably a decent eliminator.

Leave a comment:

• PittyPat
    replied
    Meh to Peterson, but I want to see more of Avanesyan. It's a shame he didn't get to capitalise on the (albeit rather meaningless) Mosley fight this year.

Leave a comment:

• HanzGruber
    replied
    Originally posted by daggum View Post
    peterson isn't relevant at all. that would not be a good fight. he hasn't even won a fight at 147. think he fought diaz at a catch weight and he lsot that one so yeah no thanks. everyone is fighting everyone now....whatever that means. i guess peterson falls under everyone but please no. go for spence. stop stalling pbc
    He's not "relevant" cause he didn't fight all year. Doesn't mean he's not a good fight for Thurman. David whatever his name is isn't relevant to any of us and he's the number 1 contender

Leave a comment:

• Humean
    replied
    I like it, Peterson has been far too inactive of late but it will be good to see him back and this is a solid fight.

Leave a comment:

• Squ□redCircle34
    replied
    Good, him at 147 will make it even deeper!

Thurman
    Porter
    Spencer Jr
    Bradley
    Brook
    Pacquiao
    Peterson
    Garcia
    Diaz Jr.

Would love Peterson vs Porter

Leave a comment:

• Marvlus Marv
    replied
    Peterson is a tremendous fighter when he's switched on. One of the most talented out there, proven he's better than Garcia and he needs to be back in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• Boxfan83
    replied
    Originally posted by illpapi View Post
    Man, I couldn't agree more! I could careless for this freaking cheater! I honestly wish he would go away. And its funny cause dude either comes into fights strong as a bull or not much power....I wonder why.
    Different types of steroids lol

Leave a comment:

• John Locke
    replied
    Originally posted by daggum View Post
    peterson isn't relevant at all. that would not be a good fight. he hasn't even won a fight at 147. think he fought diaz at a catch weight and he lsot that one so yeah no thanks. everyone is fighting everyone now....whatever that means. i guess peterson falls under everyone but please no
    Peterson is a very solid fighter, I agree that he lost the Diaz fight, but tbh he was unlucky not to get the decision against Danny. But both fights were competitive, showing that he's still very much a tough opponent.

Leave a comment:

• daggum
    replied
    Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    If Thurman beats Danny, Peterson would be a good fight to take next, followed by Brook/Spence/Khan at the end of the year.
    peterson isn't relevant at all. that would not be a good fight. he hasn't even won a fight at 147. think he fought diaz at a catch weight and he lsot that one so yeah no thanks. everyone is fighting everyone now....whatever that means. i guess peterson falls under everyone but please no. go for spence. stop stalling pbc

Leave a comment:

• John Locke
    replied
    If Thurman beats Danny, Peterson would be a good fight to take next, followed by Brook/Spence/Khan at the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X