Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetikin Dominates, Stops Wach in The Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetikin Dominates, Stops Wach in The Twelfth

Kazan, Russia - Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin dominated Polish giant Mariusz Wach for eleven rounds, with a stopage at the start of the twelfth round.

Prior to the contest, both fighters had suffered their only career defeat to heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko. Povetkin, the WBC's mandatory challenger, was risking his guaranteed shot at unbeaten world champion Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

*Waits on Wilder's next excuse*

Povetkin destroys the US chump.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

I'm calling it right now. The WBC granted Wilder a January voluntary. I forsee some sort of "injury" that will magically clear up the second Povetkin signs for another fight

Comment

He's lucky he wasn't fighting Wilder, he had trouble getting past Wach's jab early, if Wach wasn't so reluctant to throw he could've had Povetkin on the back foot and took control.

Bad reffing too, Povetkin got away with something like 6 blatant low blows, while Wach was getting constant warnings from round 1. Then he stops the fight to add a TKO victory to Povetkin's resume lol.

His flaws will be magnified against Wilder, Wilder's much faster, hits harder, has much better reflexes than the human punching bag, Wach.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Come on man have you watched the fight? I'm now a wilder fan but he would do a million times better..wilder is aggressive and throws everything he has,wach is a walking punching bag..he moves like a robot and throws only the jab..jabs do no damage and surely don't win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            He's lucky he wasn't fighting Wilder, he had trouble getting past Wach's jab early, if Wach wasn't so reluctant to throw he could've had Povetkin on the back foot and took control.

Bad reffing too, Povetkin got away with something like 6 blatant low blows, while Wach was getting constant warnings from round 1. Then he stops the fight to add a TKO victory to Povetkin's resume lol.

His flaws will be magnified against Wilder, Wilder's much faster, hits harder, has much better reflexes than the human punching bag, Wach.
            True,wilder would throw at least both hands not just the jab,the jab is there to control the distance and to set up the right something which wach either can't or doesn't wanna do, the ref is a cu**...he knows he's in Russia and if he fu*** up they'll murder him as soon as he leaves the arena.

Comment

This is exciting, I'll get to see Wlad put Fatman Fury down on the 28th and Povetkin knockout chickenlegZQUAD sometime spring of next year

Comment

I believe wilder would give povetvin problems ...but why the stalling the voluntaries does wilder believe he can beat povetvin I hope so I would love to see this fight I know povetvin ready and wants to rumble!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                  True,wilder would throw at least both hands not just the jab,the jab is there to control the distance and to set up the right something which wach either can't or doesn't wanna do, the ref is a cu**...he knows he's in Russia and if he fu*** up they'll murder him as soon as he leaves the arena.
                  I'd take Povetkin by KO.

Wilder hasn't proven he can handle someone with Povetkin's movement, someone who's going to be jumping in and out and showing angles. He's been facing slow fighters like Stiverne, Molina and Duhaupas who have no speed at all. Wilder doesn't have an answer when fighters get close to him. He doesn't clinch and doesn't have a good inside game at all. He just covers up with a high guard. You need to be able to have one of those things against Povetkin. You can't just expect to keep him at the end of the jab for 12 rounds and throw 1-2 combinations. Wach tried that early, Povetkin adjusted, he started bobbing and weaving more and catching him with leaping left hooks.

Wilder hasn't been preparing himself properly with his level of competition to face a guy like Povetkin.

Also, Ryabinksy will likely win that purse bid and take the fight to Russia. I don't think it'll make a difference tbh.

Comment

I stand by Wach in defeat!

Polska power!

Comment

Working...
                    X