No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ioka vs. Sosa is Approved, But Winner Must Face Reveco

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ioka vs. Sosa is Approved, But Winner Must Face Reveco

Prior to a rematch agreement with Juan Carlos Reveco of Argentina, the world flyweight champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA), Japan's Kazuto Ioka, will make an optional defense in September.

The Championships Committee of the WBA has approved the request by Ioka (17-1, 10 KOs), to face Argentine boxer Roberto "Incho" Sosa (26-2-1, 14 KOs). At the same time, the WBA stressed that the winner will go directly into a fight against Reveco (35-2 , 19 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sosa has fought almost his entire career at jr. Bantamweight or above and Ioka is having him come down to 112lbs? Plus he's not very good. Ioka could have found a little more competitive cupcake

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
      Sosa has fought almost his entire career at jr. Bantamweight or above and Ioka is having him come down to 112lbs? Plus he's not very good. Ioka could have found a little more competitive cupcake

Sosa has held the belt at 112 and faced the likes of Yaegashi and Gonzalez. Regardless of how atrocious this useless match up may be, atleast we get the rematch of an intriguing first fight if Ioka wins.

Oh, and the Sosa win shot Roman Gonzalez to the top 5 PFP ranking around town .
      Last edited by Aztekkas; 07-31-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        Sosa has held the belt at 112 and faced the likes of Yaegashi and Gonzalez. Regardless of how atrocious this useless match up may be, atleast we get the rematch of an intriguing first fight if Ioka wins.

Oh, and the Sosa win shot Roman Gonzalez to the top 5 PFP ranking around town .
        Dude, wrong Sosa. That one is from Mexico. This one is from Argentina and lost to Sanchez for a jr. Bantamweight belt a few years ago. He also lost to a 13-6 clubfighter last year

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
          Dude, wrong Sosa. That one is from Mexico. This one is from Argentina and lost to Sanchez for a jr. Bantamweight belt a few years ago. He also lost to a 13-6 clubfighter last year
          Oh snap, I didn't read the article. Mistakes do happen.

If that's the case, atrocious fight lol, but a tune up for a good rematch. Reveco surprised me in their fight, I always downplayed his skill or perhaps I overrated Ioka.

Regardless, my mistake. This fight is nothing but a gimme fight for the once highly touted Kazuto.

Comment

Working...
          X