Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Would Do Canelo vs. Chavez, But at 159

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enzo Mc is SHIT
    replied
    Anything below 168 is a recipe for a cancelled fight.

Leave a comment:

• techliam
    replied
    Why that stupid weight?

Fight at 175. If Canelo doesn't get KO'd, he wins automatically by SD

Leave a comment:

• TexasGunslinger
    replied
    Lol, Chavez isn't making that weight.
    Not really interested in the fight anyways.

Leave a comment:

• jas
    replied
    Oscars back on the crack

Leave a comment:

• AntonTheMeh
    replied
    lol. so they can drain jr. he says 159 for chavez but the moment cotto fight gets made they'll both be happy to fight at 160.

Leave a comment:

• royjonesjrKTFO
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    lol at Chavez making 159
    Oscar being so unfair, wanting a skeleton version of Chavez Jr. SMH! Lol!

Yeah, have Canelo come in as a Light-Heavyweight as usual and make Jr. come in drained. This is stupid. I hate Canelo/Oscar for doing this. He needs to fight above 154 where he belongs.

Leave a comment:

• cabalas
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    DLH is 2 stupid 2 c Jr barely makes '68, as seen the 2 bouts vs Vera...Jr has a world of problem, the greatest @ this point in time is his inactivity...I wonder what he weighs?? 220!!!
    Yes inactive because the biggest problem is that Jr has contract issues with Bob Arum. I know Oscar is trying to settle things with Top Rank and I hope DLH has already found a solution because Jr. doesn't want to sign a contract extension with Arum.

Leave a comment:

• big_james10
    replied
    Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Chavez Jr. is not making 159. Canelo blows up to 170+ anyways. Fight should happen at 161/162.
    If it happened, it would happen at 169-70 because Chavez Jr. is too undisciplined to lose the weight and get into shape. He reminds me of James Toney. He eats everything in site and, instead of working to lose weight, he simply keeps moving up in weight. Chavez Jr. will be fighting at heavyweight by 2016.

Leave a comment:

• big_james10
    replied
    Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
    I think they are putting this out there just in case Mayweather tries to steal Cotto away from Canelo. And in a way, it pushes Floyd toward having to do the Pacquiao fight because there is no other opponent really out there that will be able to push Canelo out of that Cinco de Mayo weekend spot other than maybe fighting Golovkin.
    If Alvarez fights on Cinco de Mayo weekend in 2015, it will be on regular HBO or on the Mayweather undercard. Mayweather is not giving up that date for anybody and I don't think that Mayweather has any problem pulling the rug from under Oscar's feet by offering Cotto a rematch on that date.

Leave a comment:

• justinussery87
    replied
    DO it at 161/162!!! That would be fair!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X