No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jennings Edges Perez, Ref's Deduction Sealed Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jennings Edges Perez, Ref's Deduction Sealed Deal

Madison Square Garden, New York - In a high stakes heavyweight battle between unbeatens, also tabbed as a WBC eliminator, Bryant Jennings (19-0, 10KOs) won a twelve round split decision over Mike Perez (20-1-1, 12KOs). The scores 114-113 for Perez, 115-112 for Jennings and 114-113 for Jennings. Jennings is now in line to face the winner of the ordered fight between WBC champion Bermane Stiverne and mandatory challenger Deontay Wilder.

[Click Here To Read More]

HAd Perez winning, I gave the 2nd round to Perez 11-8 for blowing kisses.

Comment

Good call by Dock!

Comment

HBO won't display lower weights but will put on a these guys.

Comment

I thought Jennings would win a convincing decision.

Ref was the difference. Still looking for the next American HW champion

Comment

I'm glad they didn't rob Jennings and give it to a fat, sloppy, uninspired heavyweight in Perez.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I'm glad they didn't rob Jennings and give it to a fat, sloppy, uninspired heavyweight in Perez.
              but the ref made sure it would not be a draw or split decision. two bums. when all the people that don't like klit will be crying when he retires and we have to watch these dogs fight where the title will change every fight

Comment

HBO commentators are the worse. Jennings was winning the fight from the start

Comment

Jennings wouldn't last 2 minutes with Deontay Wilder

Comment

I like Jennings, he's one of my top 3 fav. HW's (Behind Wlad and Czar Glazkov), and I believe he definitely should have won the fight and that the deduction was warranted.

But we also have to look at as Mike Perez showing up the heaviest he's ever been. He looked good in stretches early on but slowed down tremendously in the 2nd half of the fight.

This was one of the worst versions of Mike Perez I've seen and Jennings barely got by him. That's a cause for concern imo.

Still, he got a hard earned win.On to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                    X