No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cousins Defy Family, Will Battle For Vacant WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cousins Defy Family, Will Battle For Vacant WBC Title

On August 23rd at the Arena Roberto Duran, Leroy "The Sensacional" Estrada (12-1, 5KOs) and Carlos "Araņita" Ortega (9-3-2, 4KOs) will fight each other for the vacant WBC silver strawweight title.

There is only one catch - the two fighters are cousins.

Their family members tried their best to prevent the contest from happening - but the cousins came together and made a united decision to move forward with the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Crazy kids. Now that's hunger. fighters doing whatever it takes to chase a dream yet remain out of the spotlight.

Comment

This isnt goos for the sport. Its hard enough already for family members to fight each other is bad.

Comment

Then I read "WBC silver"

Comment

WBC silver

thats like fighting your cousin over half a frozen burrito

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
            Crazy kids. Now that's hunger. fighters doing whatever it takes to chase a dream yet remain out of the spotlight.
            They got the spotlight now. Rocky Marciano KO'd his own brother, so it's not a first. It's still an oddity, sellable even, better than Danny's next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Then I read "WBC silver"
              True story ! :gay:

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                They got the spotlight now. Rocky Marciano KO'd his own brother, so it's not a first. It's still an oddity, sellable even, better than Danny's next fight.
                I don't think theres any solid proof to the Marciano fighting his brother stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  I don't think theres any solid proof to the Marciano fighting his brother stuff
                  The rumor is good enough, I'm not trying to smear Rocky. Just saying, it wont be a first.

Comment

Oscar de la hoya Also fought his cousin at one time, I don't remember his name. But there was bad blood between them, that's when oscar was a contender, before he became champion. I wish I can remember the name of his cousin who obviously was not a De La Hoya, but had another last name.

Comment

Working...
                    X