Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: Cotto Most Intelligent, Skilled Foe in My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez: Cotto Most Intelligent, Skilled Foe in My Career

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) is expecting a knockout victory in his next fight, but he is not underestimating former three division champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs). Their match is scheduled for June 7th at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Martinez is training very hard, because he wasn't fully satisfied with his last performance, a tough April decision over Martin Murray. After being out of the ring for over a year, and recovered from several injuries, Martinez feels refreshed and ready to go.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Super fight is almost upon us

Comment

P4P I think he's right. Unless there's someone obvious I'm forgetting.

Real life isn't p4p though.

Comment

I think we're going to see the Lucas Matthysse vs Danny Garcia fight all over again lol. Everyone and their mother thinking and predicting that Cotto is going to get his head bashed in and the result may come in the other way around. I know that Cotto is small and all but it might work towards he's advantage. Martinez has never faced a smaller compact strong skilled boxer like Cotto before. Martinez has faced bigger, slower less skilled opposition.

- Martinez got his ass beat by Margarito. Cotto also got his ass beat but redemmed himself in their 2nd fight. Mind you that Cotto was winning in their first fight but ran out of gas. He just poor strategy and never held Margarito after exchanging. Not to mention cheaters cement gloves.

- Remember when Quintana was the 1st guy to beat Paul Williams out boxing him? Do you guys also remember when Cotto beat the living daylights of Carlos Quintana a few fights before Quintana beat Paul Williams. Cotto was literally playing with Quinrana and KO'd him. After Paul Williams redeemed himself against Quintana in their rematch fight, he went and beat Martinez in a close fight.

Triangle theories sometimes make sense and sometimes don't but you just never know. Yeah Martinez beat the crap out of a washed up alcoholic fighter in Pavlik. Chavez Jr was a pot head bum that barely trained and was literally a punching bag that barely threw or landed a punch. We he finally landed a punch on Martinez, he almost KO'd him. Martin Murray beat Martinez. Martin Murray who? Lol

Comment

Good for Martinez for not overlooking Cotto and training hard. This will leave very little room for excuses once everything is said and done. I just hope Cotto is doing the same thing by not overlooking Martinez as well. Can't wait to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IQ KO View Post
            I think we're going to see the Lucas Matthysse vs Danny Garcia fight all over again lol. Everyone and their mother thinking and predicting that Cotto is going to get his head bashed in and the result may come in the other way around. I know that Cotto is small and all but it might work towards he's advantage. Martinez has never faced a smaller compact strong skilled boxer like Cotto before. Martinez has faced bigger, slower less skilled opposition.

- Martinez got his ass beat by Margarito. Cotto also got his ass beat but redemmed himself in their 2nd fight. Mind you that Cotto was winning in their first fight but ran out of gas. He just poor strategy and never held Margarito after exchanging. Not to mention cheaters cement gloves.

- Remember when Quintana was the 1st guy to beat Paul Williams out boxing him? Do you guys also remember when Cotto beat the living daylights of Carlos Quintana a few fights before Quintana beat Paul Williams. Cotto was literally playing with Quinrana and KO'd him. After Paul Williams redeemed himself against Quintana in their rematch fight, he went and beat Martinez in a close fight.

Triangle theories sometimes make sense and sometimes don't but you just never know. Yeah Martinez beat the crap out of a washed up alcoholic fighter in Pavlik. Chavez Jr was a pot head bum that barely trained and was literally a punching bag that barely threw or landed a punch. We he finally landed a punch on Martinez, he almost KO'd him. Martin Murray beat Martinez. Martin Murray who? Lol
            There is literally nothing similar about Martinez/Cotto and Garcia/Matthysse.

Why in the **** do people keep saying that about every fight? Whenever a fighter is an underdog their fanbase on here says "Herp derp just like Garcia/Matthysse herp derp."

Comment

I've been saying this.

Comment

True, Cotto might be too small doe.

Comment

Cotto will lose. This will prove that Martinez kills Floyd because Cotto had a draw vs Floyd but was robbed. Cotto is afraid of Canelo though, no reason to fight a bigger man for less money. Martinez on the other hand should give Chavez a rematch, sure he was hitting Chavez like a piņata but the minute Chavez landed a punch, booom lights out. Chavez didnīt train, partied, smoked pot, received all of Sergioīs arsenal without falling and still was able to almost KO, hurt and made Martinez his b1tch.

Comment

I like both guys but I hope Cotto wins doe

Comment

Working...
                    X