No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Rips Arum Over Khan/Floyd, Advises Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Rips Arum Over Khan/Floyd, Advises Bradley

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was fuming after reading a recent article on BoxingScene.com, where Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, took shots at Floyd Mayweather Jr. and advised Amir Khan, who is under contract with Golden Boy, to find a new promoter.

Arum, speaking with Gareth Davies of The Telegraph, was very vocal with his belief that Khan is being mistreated by Mayweather and Golden Boy - as it relates to Khan sitting on the shelf in order to find out who Mayweather will face on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Khan, along with Marcos Maidana, are the two frontrunners to face Mayweather. Arum feels very strongly that Mayweather is simply stringing Khan along and expects the unbeaten boxer to select Maidana as his May opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather really has taken over GB. They used to have their own voice and opinion back then but they have become the ambassadors of Floyd. Schaefer used to believe in Mayweather fighting Pacquiao until Floyd got in his ear and now they're all sharing the same excuses; it's disgusting.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

schaefer ripped him indeed

Comment

Well damn!!!!lol

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Mayweather really has taken over GB. They used to have their own voice and opinion back then but they have become the ambassadors of Floyd. Schaefer used to believe in Mayweather fighting Pacquiao until Floyd got in his ear and now they're all sharing the same excuses; it's disgusting.
            So whats up with that 10 million Bradley was suppose to get in the rematch?

Comment

I can't believe how hard he just went at Bob. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                ya theyre all sharing the same excuse....like that one excuse where arum says "i dont even know who to call if i wanted to make the fight".....it was all a major deception by the golden boy team....i can see schaefer concocting the whole scheme...."listen guys...theres me, oscar, floyd, al haymon, leonard ellerbe....theres so many of us that the old bat wont even know who to call....hell be so confused he wont even reach out to one of us...or all of us".....stroke of genius mr schaefer

Comment

Why do either of these jokers have a shot at Mayweather over Bradley?

Comment

This is the first time that I have agreed with anything Schaefer has had too say in awhile.You would think someone as intelligent as Arum would not throw Hitler's name out their as a propaganda slight to describe anyone,you just can't win in that situation.I also agree that Khan/Mayweather scenario isn't any of his business and if Khan doesn't want to be put in that situation he can always withdraw his name from the running.I also enjoyed his slight on Bob having plenty of time to focus on stirring up controversy as he doesn't have talent pool to draw from and make fights that GB does.

Comment

Working...
                    X