No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado, Provodnikov Set For War on October 19th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarado, Provodnikov Set For War on October 19th

Mike Alvarado and Ruslan Provodnikov are already often mentioned anytime discussion turns to the list of best fights in 2013.

They now have the chance to outdo their separate entries in their own head-on collision.

Terms have been reached for the mouthwatering 140 lb. showdown, which will take place on October 19 in Denver, Colorado. The fight proximity to Alvarado’s hometown of Thornton (CO) gives him a geographical advantage, but the fight is far from your typical showcase.

“The best part about bringing this fight to Denver is that we’re going into this fight market with a real fight,” says Top Rank VP Carl Moretti, who confirmed that the fight is a done deal as of Thursday afternoon. “We’re not going in with a showcase fight. We’re going in with a real battle, a Fight of the Year candidate.”

The bout will be the first piece of ring action since both did their part
    [Click Here To Read More]

Going to be a great fight..I expect Prov to walk out of there a champion if Alvarado even remotely tries to fight on the inside. I don't think Arum is happy Alvarado has a belt and I could see a Prov vs Pacquiao fight coming down the pike if both men win their next fight. Kudos to T.R. for making this fight...still feel Bradley should've lost to Prov imho...but that's just me.

Comment

Alvarado better come to fight not run like a btch like in the second fight. I hope ruslan knocks his ass out cold

Comment

possible FOTY candidate....can't wait..

Comment

Provodnikov, the minute he connects flush on Alvarado... he must finish him otherwise Mike will jab and run his way to a victory. Provo might try a different plan this time round though and take the Matthysse route in KO'ing future opponents.

Comment

At people calling what Alvarado was doing against Rios in the rematch "running".

Comment

If Carlos Abregu vs Ed Paredes is on the undercard we could have 2 wars on that night

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                At people calling what Alvarado was doing against Rios in the rematch "running".
                boxing fans.... If you dont stand still and be a pinching bag, you're running

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  boxing fans.... If you dont stand still and be a pinching bag, you're running
                  Pinching Bag

Comment

this fight is gonna be crunk, according to larry merchant.

Comment

Working...
                    X