No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Matthysse Likely Moving From September 7 Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia-Matthysse Likely Moving From September 7 Date

NEW YORK — Negotiations for the highly anticipated Danny Garcia-Lucas Matthysse fight are ongoing, but their WBC 140-pound championship match might not be scheduled for Sept. 7, as originally planned.

“I’m looking at a different date,” promoter Richard Schaefer said Thursday. “We’ll see what we’re going to do.”

The site of the fight hasn’t been determined, either. It initially appeared headed to Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., when making a doubleheader out of bouts between Philadelphia’s Garcia (26-0, 15 KOs) and Argentina’s Matthysse (34-2, 32 KOs) and Washington native Lamont Peterson (31-2-1, 16 KOs) and Las Vegas’ Zab Judah (42-8, 29 KOs, 2 NC) was a possibility. [Click Here To Read More]

Danny shook or Schaefer is mad that he lost Staples to Chavez Jr.

Comment

If it means pushing it back to october so that its on the eastcoast (preferably barclays) then I have no problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology
        If it means pushing it back to october so that its on the eastcoast (preferably barclays) then I have no problem with that.
        I think you're wrong. I'm pretty positive now that this **** is heading to the west coast.

I'm caring less and less about this fight with each passing day. They keep delaying it and they're trying to take it to the west coast. Yea...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          I think you're wrong. I'm pretty positive now that this **** is heading to the west coast.

I'm caring less and less about this fight with each passing day. They keep delaying it and they're trying to take it to the west coast. Yea...

Easy man.. As long as you don't hear 'marinate' come out of Shaefer's mouth it should be ok..

Comment

If this fight gets pushed back it will go on the eastcoast bro, just watch

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology
              Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

If this fight gets pushed back it will go on the eastcoast bro, just watch
              Its obvious they wanted this fight on the west coast. They mentioned Staples and then Dodgers stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305
                Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Easy man.. As long as you don't hear 'marinate' come out of Shaefer's mouth it should be ok..
                They may not be letting it marinate consciously but thats what they're doing.

Comment

They may not be letting it marinate consciously but thats what they're doing.

Very true.. Also both camps being hungry and demanding the fight... Garcia.. I saw that video.. not so sure if he is wants it.

Comment

Danny not fighting him on the west coast. Makes no sense. When homie posted the video of him at the signing in Brooklyn I knew this would happen. Danny said we looking at September or October. Meaning if we can't get a date in September on the east coast then we are fighting in October. This has been the hold up the entire time.

Comment

Working...
                    X