No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Levan 'The Wolf' Ghvamichava Now a Top Rank Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Levan 'The Wolf' Ghvamichava Now a Top Rank Fighter

According to manager Gary Hyde, a promotional deal has been finalized for junior welterweight prospect Levan 'The Wolf' Ghvamichava (10-0, 8KOs), who officially joins the ranks of Top Rank. The Wolf lst fought on a Puerto Rico Best Boxing card on May 18th in Puerto Rico and dropped Samuel Santana three times for a third round TKO. Hyde says Top Rank was very impressed by his boxer's performance. Among Hyde's other clients is WBO/WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux.
    [Click Here To Read More]

get used to the phrase "floyd is ducking Levan 'The Wolf' Ghvamichava"

Comment

Toprank needs some more talent at 140-147. This good move by them. Hes fought some decent fighters so far and has blasted most of them out. I'd love to see him fight Khabib in the future.

Comment

I saw them talking about this guy on ESB Brit a couple of times, and everyone was pretty well impressed. But why not sign that SWW Kanat Islam? He's a crowdpleaser and looks like a better pro prospect than Shiming. Unless the Chinese don't embrace him as their own at all

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          I saw them talking about this guy on ESB Brit a couple of times, and everyone was pretty well impressed. But why not sign that SWW Kanat Islam? He's a crowdpleaser and looks like a better pro prospect than Shiming. Unless the Chinese don't embrace him as their own at all
          He fought for China in the ams but he's from Khazakstan originally I think? Not really sure if they would embrace him or not.

I haven't seen to much of Islam but I wasn't all that impressed. He's fought nothing but bums and his technique is kinda sloppy. Ghvamichava has a much better skill set and is the more natural puncher. I think Islam can punch too but his record looks more impressive than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            He fought for China in the ams but he's from Khazakstan originally I think? Not really sure if they would embrace him or not.

I haven't seen to much of Islam but I wasn't all that impressed. He's fought nothing but bums and his technique is kinda sloppy. Ghvamichava has a much better skill set and is the more natural puncher. I think Islam can punch too but his record looks more impressive than it is.
            Oh ok, I haven't seen this Levan guy, sounds like worth checking out. So Islam is like Shiming, but with power? I knew he reps Kaz now, but figured since he was a Chinese olympian they might take to him. He can't be that raw since he was a better amateur than Levan.

Comment

Good move. Levan is a skilled fighter. I hope they get him meaningful fights

Top rank has an underrated stable at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post

Anyone called Islam is not getting any love in China, have you seen what they're doing to the Uighurs? Shiming's from the ethnically Han part of China, ergo superstar.

Comment

Working...
                X