No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez Expects Cloud To Repeat Terry Norris' Big Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez Expects Cloud To Repeat Terry Norris' Big Win

NEW YORK — Tavoris Cloud’s trainer expects personal history to repeat itself Saturday night at Barclays Center.

In February 1991, Abel Sanchez brought another younger, lesser-known fighter to New York to face a legend. Terry Norris, then the WBC junior middleweight champion, dominated “Sugar” Ray Leonard at Madison Square Garden that night and won a 12-round unanimous decision by wide margins on all three scorecards (120-104, 119-103, 116-110).

Though he fought one more time, the legendary Leonard’s loss to Norris essentially ended his celebrated career. Leonard, who was stopped by Hector Camacho in his final fight six years later, was dropped twice by Norris, who was 23 at the time. [Click Here To Read More]

Cloud is no Norris and SRL was shot at the time Norris beat him B-Hop has enough left in the tank to beat Cloud

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
      Cloud is no Norris and SRL was shot at the time Norris beat him B-Hop has enough left in the tank to beat Cloud
      Cloud is no world beater, neither is hopkins,picture him vs SRR or Monzon;no contest...SRL was done but never tko'd till Hector did it, he was very underestimated &look @ Hec's record & ALL the names he beat & his big losses were when he moved up in wt...Hec started as a 126#er, he was Great!

Comment

Hopkins is not a world beater...? Did I read that right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hopkins is 400 years old FCS. Cloud wins and that is why. Period. Bernard has looked like he's moving underwater the last few fights and his punch resistance is increasingly worse and worse. This should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            Cloud is no world beater, neither is hopkins,picture him vs SRR or Monzon;no contest...SRL was done but never tko'd till Hector did it, he was very underestimated &look @ Hec's record & ALL the names he beat & his big losses were when he moved up in wt...Hec started as a 126#er, he was Great!
            SRR last 20 plus fights was mostly against sup par competition Hopkins would beat SRR. Mozon Hopkins is a tough one I'll give the edge to Monzon. Camacho was a beast started at 126 moved up in weight beat Duran twice and SRL impressive

Comment

TBH, I hope Cloud hands B-Hop a career-ending ass whuppin.

Comment

Hopkins no world beater? The man is still relevant and fighting for a World championship at 48 ! Isn't he like the only to have won a belt at 47 ! fans give X so much flack, but if you hear any other boxers or shall i say his contemporaries- Mexican, white, peurto rican, black, dominican, african, jamaican, equadorian, french, russian, and the list goes on talk about him in an interview, article what ever, not one will diminish his skill set ! He is a bad dude ! during Sugar ray leonards era, there weren't any nutrionist or strength and condition coach in camp or space age shyt like there is now - I recently saw a famous picture of Ali sitting on a bench with his sparring parntner Jimmy Ellis, and they were sitting on the bench with their road work gear on (sweat pants / sweat shirt / combat boots!) these dudes ran miles and did work in combat boots - no dry fit, no compression shorts etc - power bars - gatorade- naked juice - whole foods - trader joes - organic - multi vitamins - legal enhancement - illiegal enhancement - energy drinks - bottld water - water filters on you sink - p90x - all of the safety measures they try to implement etc.. Ray leonard was over the hill when he fought and struggled with donnie Lalond - Bernard hopkins is a first ballot hall of famer

Comment

Looking at Cloud's resume, al of his KO's came against no-hopers that I have never even heard of basically. Since he stepped up to c level competition, he has had 1 TKO since 2008 against Yusef Mack and that fight was dead even at the time of the TKO, which means it was a stoppage to ensure Cloud got the win because if it went to the cards without the King payoff being in place, home boy was catching the loss.

His last fight against Campillo, he got dominated the second half of the fight and got a King gift.

Tonight, King is up against a bigger dog in GBP and he won't get any favors on the cards. BHOP, although old, is by far the best fighter that Cloud will have ever faced....I expect Cloud to struggle and be made to look silly tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke
                    Hopkins no world beater? The man is still relevant and fighting for a World championship at 48 ! Isn't he like the only to have won a belt at 47 ! fans give X so much flack, but if you hear any other boxers or shall i say his contemporaries- Mexican, white, peurto rican, black, dominican, african, jamaican, equadorian, french, russian, and the list goes on talk about him in an interview, article what ever, not one will diminish his skill set ! He is a bad dude ! during Sugar ray leonards era, there weren't any nutrionist or strength and condition coach in camp or space age shyt like there is now - I recently saw a famous picture of Ali sitting on a bench with his sparring parntner Jimmy Ellis, and they were sitting on the bench with their road work gear on (sweat pants / sweat shirt / combat boots!) these dudes ran miles and did work in combat boots - no dry fit, no compression shorts etc - power bars - gatorade- naked juice - whole foods - trader joes - organic - multi vitamins - legal enhancement - illiegal enhancement - energy drinks - bottld water - water filters on you sink - p90x - all of the safety measures they try to implement etc.. Ray leonard was over the hill when he fought and struggled with donnie Lalond - Bernard hopkins is a first ballot hall of famer
                    I'm no fan of BHop but to call him "not a world beater" is disrespectful.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X