Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIGLEX
    replied
    According to most on here(who don't know **** about boxing) does that mean Barrera and Morales aren't ATG's as well? How do you view Marquez compared to the other golden three featherweights during his time Pacquiao, Morales, Barrera? LMAO at Marquez not being an ATG! In the words of Roger Mayweather, "you don't know **** about boxing"!

Leave a comment:

• nycsmooth
    replied
    ATG? No, IMO, but close...best @'35/'40/his fights w/Pac brought him 2 the attention of US viewers, South of the border, we kniew who he was...I say this, argue if you will;vs 3 of my all time favorites, Duran, Pryor, Benitez, JMM would've been 0-3...they were ATG...as I said, JMM is close, but not there...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Fantastic
    replied
    Marquez an ATG but not DLH who has better wins and resume? Bunch of BS if you ask me. Guess the writer is on the hype to get views.

Leave a comment:

• KickAzz
    replied
    without the fights with Pac, JMM would not be where he is

Leave a comment:

• UrDazed
    replied
    Marquez is a low-end ATG though. There are clearly better fighters around even now that will be higher at the end of the day.

Pacquiao
    Mayweather
    Hopkins

Leave a comment:

• Mike_R
    replied
    JMM is an all time great to the same degree that Shane Mosley is an all time great. I'm a really big fan of both of these dudes for similar reasons (attitude, style, grit) but they didn't end up as the very best of their respective generations.

Leave a comment:

• BIGLEX
    replied
    Cant believe the overwhelming JMM haters on here. Marquez is an ATG no questions about it and most who dispute that don't know **** about boxing! Marquez never ducked anyone and always gave it 110% in the ring and is one of the smartest boxers in the history of the sport. F*** the haters!

Leave a comment:

• sapo1
    replied
    Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
    Why did you fail to acknowledge that an offer was made to Marquez to fight Hamed, Cliff? I mean, it's pretty well documented and all, yet we still have people attempting to argue that Hamed somehow avoided him.

This article didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.Marquez desperately needs Pacquiao on his record to have any sort of credible claim to greatness.
    hammed vacated the title!!! what are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• sapo1
    replied
    Originally posted by JAS_JAS View Post
    as expected, aside from pacquiao, his competition/resume is weak...
    If you know boxing you will know that , prince hammed, erik morales, marco barrera all ducked marquez back in the day!! nobody wanted to fight juan!!!

Leave a comment:

• prinzemanspopa
    replied
    Why did you fail to acknowledge that an offer was made to Marquez to fight Hamed, Cliff? I mean, it's pretty well documented and all, yet we still have people attempting to argue that Hamed somehow avoided him.

This article didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.Marquez desperately needs Pacquiao on his record to have any sort of credible claim to greatness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X