TimeLine of FloydMayweather-Manny Pacquiao 2009-10 !!!
Collapse
-
-
Conflict of interest.so in other words your saying all the things listed on behalf of what roach, arum, koncz, and manny says are lies simply because its on FH? Thats like me saying a site run by montoya is not credible because it grips MP nuts? Fair comparison?
As far as the bold it's Always has been Mayweathers fault Just cause a website is a so called cheerleader of FMW allegedly doesn't mean the statements aren't true in the timeline.. Quite Pityful..
I would read it, but its by fighthype<-----lmao, Really!!Comment
-
January 7, 2012
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fightIt was just this week that Arum said he would go to the Philippines to meet with Pacquiao and present him with the names of four possible opponents for May or June: Miguel Cotto, Marquez, Lamont Peterson and Timothy Bradley Jr.
Arum figured Mayweather would be in jail and off the table. Now that Mayweather is available and seemingly would like to make the match, Arum suddenly isn't interested.
He used the lame excuse of the cut Pacquiao suffered against Marquez, saying he might not be ready for May. (I've never heard of a cut taking more than six months to heal.) However, earlier this week, when Arum thought Mayweather would be on ice behind bars, he said there was a good possibility Pacquiao would fight in May.
Moments after Mayweather was granted the continuance, Arum changed his tune.
"We're fighting in June, one of the four guys," Arum told me over the phone.
I asked him, now that Mayweather was available, would he at least be part of the conversation when Arum meets with Pacquiao next week?
A perturbed Arum's response was, "Absolutely not. Nope."
Come again? You won't even talk about it with Pacquiao, I asked very politely.
"My mission is to go over to the Philippines and talk about these four guys," Arum said. "If Manny feels he wants to go in May, he will tell me. I want to make sure Manny's cuts are healed. We won't fall under this kind of pressure. June is much more likely for Manny's fight, not May."
So May was a real possibility yesterday, but now there's no way?
"What if they fought and Manny started bleeding on the first punch?" a clearly flustered Arum said. "I don't know if Manny is available to fight in May. I have no idea. I haven't talked to him; I haven't seen him. Seems to me, June is more likely based on what his plastic surgeon said."
Arum threw out another "reason" (or excuse, as far as I'm concerned) not to try to make Pacquiao-Mayweather for May 5.
"I don't even know if Mayweather will be licensed [by the Nevada State Athletic Commission] before he serves his time," Arum said.
It would seem to me that if a judge would free Mayweather to make a megafight in Las Vegas, with the economic impact of the fight being a major reason for the decision, then the commission -- political appointees -- would understand what a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight would mean to the community.
In other words, with the amount of money it would generate for the desperate local economy, there is no way the commission wouldn't license Mayweather to fight Pacquiao or anyone else on May 5.
Several candidates will be considered as Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s next opponent if Manny Pacquiao declines, but Saul Alvarez appears to be the clubhouse leader.
My view is that with no Pacquiao fight, Mayweather, a welterweight champion, will wind up fighting junior middleweight titlist Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, who is promoted by Golden Boy, Mayweather's de facto promoter for his past five fights.
I could also see another Golden Boy fighter, Robert Guerrero, who has been heavily campaigning for the fight, being a possibility, and maybe, just maybe, junior middleweight titlist Miguel Cotto, who apparently is a free agent from longtime promoter Top Rank and could go his own way.
But Alvarez seems most likely to me. He is one of Mexico's biggest stars and wants the fight. He said on his Twitter page Friday, after speculation began following the delay in Mayweather's incarceration, that he was "muy listo" for the fight. Translation: Very ready.
May 5, of course, is the Mexican holiday of Cinco de Mayo, a traditional date for a big Mexican fight -- and none would be bigger on that date than Mayweather-Alvarez.
Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer wasn't tipping his hand.
"We have certain names in mind, and I will sit down next week with Team Mayweather, and we will be discussing those names," he said.
Then Schaefer ripped into Arum as the impediment to making a fight he claims Mayweather and Golden Boy have wanted all along.
"I don't think Manny Pacquiao wants to be on that list of names for Mayweather, or Bob doesn't want him to be on the list," Schaefer said. "I am sick and tired of Arum's bulls---. First Bob said June is when Pacquiao would fight, when Floyd was going to be on May 5. Then, when it looked like Floyd wouldn't be available in May, he said Pacquiao would be available in May. Now, since they know Mayweather is going to fight in May, suddenly Pacquiao is going to fight in June.
"I'm tired of all those people saying it is Mayweather who doesn't want the fight. Arum knows who to call. He can pick up the phone and call me and say, 'Let's get a fight done with Pacquiao.' The rest of it is bulls---. The rest can go drink the Arum and Top Rank Kool-Aid. It is Arum who doesn't want the fight to happen, end of story."
I agree with Schaefer.Last edited by SoulByThePound; 12-25-2012, 11:45 PM.Comment
-
name all of floyds fights with phony random drug testing before 2009.Originally posted by GoldSugarSad state of affairs. Pac had no right to walk from the fight in 2009-2010. The fight was at it's full hype and Team Pac cancelled it. Weak.
Posted from Boxingscene.com App for AndroidComment
-
-
Comment
-

Comment