Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Olympic Boxing Live Results - Light Welter (Part One)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Olympic Boxing Live Results - Light Welter (Part One)

By Jake Donovan - Jamel Herring looks to return Team USA to its winning ways in the 2012 London Games. The Long Island boxer represents the U.S. in the light welterweight division, hoping to turn things around after watching fellow New Yorker Marcus Browne drop a heartbreaking verdict to Damien Hooper of Australia in Monday’s competition.

The loss was the first suffered by the U.S. squad after having won its first four matches.

The 26-year old Herring – whose family lives in Coram – is the first fighter from the Marines to make the U.S. Olympic squad since Sergio Reyes some 20 years ago. The last Long Island boxer to make the Olympics was Howard Davis, Jr, who won the Val Barker trophy for best boxer in the 1976 Summer Games while serving on the all-star team fielded by the U.S. that year. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
    By Jake Donovan - Jamel Herring looks to return Team USA to its winning ways in the 2012 London Games. The Long Island boxer represents the U.S. in the light welterweight division, hoping to turn things around after watching fellow New Yorker Marcus Browne drop a heartbreaking verdict to Damien Hooper of Australia in Monday’s competition.

The loss was the first suffered by the U.S. squad after having won its first four matches.

The 26-year old Herring – whose family lives in Coram – is the first fighter from the Marines to make the U.S. Olympic squad since Sergio Reyes some 20 years ago. The last Long Island boxer to make the Olympics was Howard Davis, Jr, who won the Val Barker trophy for best boxer in the 1976 Summer Games while serving on the all-star team fielded by the U.S. that year. [Click Here To Read More]
    Thank you Jake for putting this up. Its hard for me to keep up with Olympic Boxing as I havent seen a schedule posted on it. Greenz on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      Thank you Jake for putting this up. Its hard for me to keep up with Olympic Boxing as I havent seen a schedule posted on it. Greenz on the way.
      Here's a site with the schedule, just click on the current day at the top

http://www.london2012.com/boxing/sch...t/all-day.html

Tommorow is a good day with BW, HW, and SHW fights with some top guys facing eachother.

Comment

Teddy Atlas had the best insights, for this fight any way. Herring seemed confused, overconfident early, inactive when he had a chance, and reckless when he got behind. He never fought the way he was supposed to, like Teddy said, he didn't know himself.

Comment

Working...
        X