Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nigel Benn Expects Heavy Pressure For Chris Eubank Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nigel Benn Expects Heavy Pressure For Chris Eubank Jr.

Nigel Benn fears Chris Eubank Jr. will struggle to live up to the pressure associated with his famous name. Eubank Jr. stopped Lithuanian Kirilas Psonko inside four rounds on his professional debut in Manchester. But Benn, who fought two epic battles with Eubank Sr in the early 1990s, said the expectations on the young boxer would be difficult to shoulder. Eubank Jr, 21, is starting out as a middleweight, the division in which his father was the WBO title-holder and never defeated.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nigel Benn's a class act. Proper old school warrior aswell.

Comment

benn's right, but i think you have to read between the lines here....

i think benn's suggesting eubank jr. stops trying to imitate his dad and be his own man....

he's inviting more scrutiny, by posturing like his old man.... he needs to be himself....

the imitation is flattering, but it's never the same as the original.... he's needs to be jr, be a fighter in his own right.... he's got all the attributes to make it....

Comment

Eubank Jr's got skills, I really wasn't expecting that level of skill and schooling for his pro debut. He will find his own identity as his career progresses, they take on a life of their own and Benn's words are just a reminder that boxing isn't a game and to remain focused

Comment

To see him copying his dad was nice but Chris does need his own identity. Ive said about Chris Jr...you cant judge him on one fight, especially since it was against a Lithuanian import. That said, he looked great (physically) and i think he does have talent.

Hopefully, he keeps his head in focus and Mick gets him decent tests.

Great to hear from the legend Nigel Benn. One of most fearless and greatest fighters of all time...IMO.

Comment

Interesting to read Nigel Benn's son is apparently also going to become a boxer.

Comment

Man wouldn't it be nice to have another Nigel Benn in the business. MW and SMW fighters would better tighten up their defenses, cause Nigel Benn would bring some power, those fighters never had seen before.

Comment

The biggest issue for me is Chris Eubank Jnr's promoter. Mick Hennessey very rarely gets his fighters title chances and when he does it takes an age...

Comment

I like the way Eubank jnr imitates his father. The old music, vaulting the top rope and the odd posturing.

It brought back a shed load of old memories and people are suckers for nostalgia. He'll sell more tickets that way!! I understand people saying that he needs to find his own identity, but how could he be more colourful than his Dad? After putting on such a good show on his debut, I wouldn't want him to be toned down.

Plus, he does seem to fight well, nice movement, fast hands and good accuracy. I'll be watching every fight and hope that he doesn't lose the family colour!

Comment

Working...
                  X