No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthew Hatton: Ready To Derail The Saul Alvarez Train

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthew Hatton: Ready To Derail The Saul Alvarez Train

By Thomas Gerbasi - You would be hard-pressed to find anyone as calm before a big fight as Matthew Hatton is before he challenges Saul Alvarez Saturday night for the WBC junior middleweight title.

Forget that he’s fighting the Great Mexican Hope in the 20-year old phenom, doing it in California, far removed from his Manchester, England hometown, and doing it on HBO. Disregard that at 29, he has the opportunity to become a world champion and a major player in the fight game, and not just a solid fighter destined to be known as Ricky Hatton’s brother. Oh yeah, he’s also fighting above the weight where he’s had his best performances over the last few years.

But on a Sunday night in Southern California, six days removed from destiny, Hatton is watching the Oscars while talking about a fight he didn’t think was even possible a couple years ago.

“I’ve always had belief in myself that I could box at this level, but maybe yeah, a couple years ago I would have found it hard to believe,” Hatton told BoxingScene. “I always thought that I could get there one day, but the rate I’ve improved over the last couple years has been remarkable really, so it’s been fantastic the way I’ve improved and I’m really looking forward to this opportunity.” [Click Here To Read More]

if canelo is mexico hope theres a problem lol the kid will never be hoya just because he doesnt look like your typical mexican doesnt mean he will be an icon like hoya hes doesnt have the skill or appeal if he beats some top fighters which i dont see happening then he would convince me but untill then hes just a hype he should fight the winner of lara k9 next

Comment

at least Puerto Ricans are rooting for Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
        at least Puerto Ricans are rooting for Matthew
        haha they will adopt him pretty soon. They will call him papi hatton.

Comment

All that Hatton has to do is take a knee against Canelo and he will be an honorary Puerto Rican for life.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            if canelo is mexico hope theres a problem lol the kid will never be hoya just because he doesnt look like your typical mexican doesnt mean he will be an icon like hoya hes doesnt have the skill or appeal if he beats some top fighters which i dont see happening then he would convince me but untill then hes just a hype he should fight the winner of lara k9 next
            So trinidad looked like the typical Puert Rican?? You are a complete idiot. How should the typical Mexican look?? DLH looks Latino, period. So does Chavez Jr. Some might look more Indian. Joe Calzaghe didn´t look like the typical Brit. Ricky Martin does not look like Wilfredo Gomez or Juan Laporte. You Puto Ricans are pendejos.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              All that Hatton has to do is take a knee against Canelo and he will be an honorary Puerto Rican for life.
              Over the past 4 years, you haven't been able to come up with a new joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                Over the past 4 years, you haven't been able to come up with a new joke?
                haha somebody sounds but hurt

Comment

What a crap fight. Matthew Hatton has all of 16 knockouts in almost 50 fights. I have seen him "box" in person and he is slow, clumsy and overall sucky. I hope there's only one Matthew Hatton. Actually, even that is one too many. Alvarez by easy knockout.

Comment

We dont like ATOLITO like mexicans do.....canelo like to fight old people and he just likes to fight people with advantage
                    .........GO HATTON you can do it ...just dont let him get you against the ropes ........

Comment

Working...
                    X