No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holt: I'll Fight Amir Khan in England, Snatch His Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holt: I'll Fight Amir Khan in England, Snatch His Belt

BoxingScene.com caught up with former 140-pound champion Kendall "Rated R" after his first round destruction of Lenin Arroyo at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan. The fight took place on the Devon Alexander-Timothy Bradley unification undercard.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good fight, But Holts power is less than Maidana, That being said would rather see Katsidis-Khan then Bradley-Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
      Good fight, But Holts power is less than Maidana, That being said would rather see Katsidis-Khan then Bradley-Khan.
      Holt is more explosive and faster than maidana

Comment

Very interesting.

If Khan doesn't fight Prescott, I'd pick Holt over McCloskey, Peterson, or Katsidis to be Amir's April opponent.

Holt has the power to make things interesting. I wouldn't give Katsidis any shot at all to beat Amir.

Comment

I can see this happening but khan p throw low ball offers

Comment

Your a special type of ******.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Your a special type of ******.
              Holt is shot, He was beat by Kaizer Mabuza ffs! Katsidis did great against Marquez and will be good experience of fighting a smaller pressure fighter like Bradley.

Comment

Who the hell wants to see Khan beat up on a LIGHTWEIGHT that has lost all of his major fights Casa/Diaz/Marquez! At least Holt is a jr welter with a decent resume.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
                  Who the hell wants to see Khan beat up on a LIGHTWEIGHT that has lost all of his major fights Casa/Diaz/Marquez! At least Holt is a jr welter with a decent resume.
                  Holt is shot to bits, Watch the Mabuza fight, Just because Holt knocked out some journeyman on Bradley/Alexander undercard doesnt mean he is ready to fight Khan.

Out of the options available to Khan for his homecoming fight: Murray, Peterson, Katsidis or Witter I would prefer Katsidis or Witter. Murray is an over-rated domestic/euro level fighter with a padded record fighting people that were previously thrashed by Khan, Fighting Murray does nothing for Khan or his legacy nor is Murray HBO worthy. Peterson is in my view a good light welterweight but he is by all accounts a glorified loser, He has never won a world title and he got a gift against Ortiz. Katsidis just lost against Marquez and though he lost he put up a good fight, Katsidis is known in the UK and HBO would accept him, Also Khan is a former lightweight himself and the size difference between them is negligable, It will give Khan good experience for fighting against a pressure fighter. Witter is good only because he is former world champion and is known in the UK.

Thats why I prefer Katsidis the most.

Comment

Holt is shot to bits, Watch the Mabuza fight, Just because Holt knocked out some journeyman on Bradley/Alexander undercard doesnt mean he is ready to fight Khan.

Out of the options available to Khan for his homecoming fight: Murray, Peterson, Katsidis or Witter I would prefer Katsidis or Witter. Murray is an over-rated domestic/euro level fighter with a padded record fighting people that were previously thrashed by Khan, Fighting Murray does nothing for Khan or his legacy nor is Murray HBO worthy. Peterson is in my view a good light welterweight but he is by all accounts a glorified loser, He has never won a world title and he got a gift against Ortiz. Katsidis just lost against Marquez and though he lost he put up a good fight, Katsidis is known in the UK and HBO would accept him, Also Khan is a former lightweight himself and the size difference between them is negligable, It will give Khan good experience for fighting against a pressure fighter. Witter is good only because he is former world champion and is known in the UK.

Thats why I prefer Katsidis the most.
                    i don't know man you certainly made a good case for it though

i still think khan is now a 140 lb fighter and there are some good fighters out there he got fight instead of going looking for someone in the 135 lb division

same reason i didn't want to see Khan v Marquez would be the same reason i don't want to see him against Katsidis it's not the worst fight that could be made but still i'd rather see him in with someone at 140

witter i mean seriously?

im from the uk so i know this is a fight that would probably do reasonably well but come on witter is a welterweight not too mention his been inactive

if you think holt is shot what about witter? at least holt has a monster left hook which if he landed on Khan's chin it could be a recipe for disaster

Comment

Working...
                    X