No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Suspended For Eight Months, Won't Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Suspended For Eight Months, Won't Retire

Former champion Joan Guzman (30-0, 17KOs) has revealed that the Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued a stiff eight month suspension for his recent drug test failure. The Nevada Commission imposed the suspension because Guzman tested positive in a doping test for last month's two round TKO of Jason Davis. The fight was changed to a no-contest. Joan tested positive for a diuretic called furosemide, a substance prohibited by WADA because it can mask other drugs which are not allowed.

[Click Here To Read More]

This guy's rounds of screwing up continue, and he still can't make weight.

Comment

So eight months is already stiff for them huh

Seriously Guzman is half the boxer he used to be, a total waste of talent.

Comment

one of my fav guys and he is ****ing up. i doubt he was doping but the other stuf was prob for him to make weight or dehydrate himself. and golden boy droped him damn. he should try and fight in mexico or somewhere else. if he dont stay active at this point of his career it could be very bad. its not like hes been fighting the best competition so all this time off no fighting no management will be bad. he needs to get with a real trainer and nutritionist like ariza or something and go fight in another country like twice during his 8 months and stay busy

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
          So eight months is already stiff for them huh

Seriously Guzman is half the boxer he used to be, a total waste of talent.
          Total waste is right, but that's what happens when you lose focus.

Comment

Just retire already you bum

Comment

This guy is a non-topic in boxing, has been for a couple of years now. If he even fought at LMW he'd prob still come in at 156. The guy is a joke and should just retire because who is going to pay to see this guy fight now.

Comment

I still hope to see him comeback and take on some top guys at 140 or maybe 147 now but he needs to get it together, he is getting older and time is running out for him.

Comment

Sorry for my country men, but you're fu.c.k.ed up !!! Your career is officialy over.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                    Total waste is right, but that's what happens when you lose focus.

Quite right.

I mean he couldv'e been but now everything's bleak.

Comment

Working...
                    X