Clear All

• LeadUppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by bluetuazon View Post
    *****S: "sugar doesnt know **** about boxing"

lol
    RE: Sugar on Mayweather.

I have been RedK'd for being a *******, and a *****id

Bert Sugar is a Legend, end of story..... and nobody who posts here is qualified to argue..... although their opinion is welcome, it makes the world go around.

Sugar is simply incorrect regarding Mayweather, so what? and who cares why? Floyd was toeing the line back in January, where was Manny?

Mayweather was ready to go, and Manny was..... oh, thats right..... something about a blood test. A blood test that is now, for some reason, not a problem.

It is obvious that there was no "official" second round of negotiations.

Arum was forced to admit that the deadline was a sham, and that neither he nor Greenburg had ever spoken with GBP, as Arum can be publicly quoted as stating on numerous occasions prior to Greenburg's press release.

And Sugar should know Bob Arum as well as anyone, he is notorious for lying/exaggerating about the state of fight negotiations, he's been doing it for more than 40 years.

Leave a comment:

• LeadUppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by tusc1976 View Post
    You're not alone...
    It's funny how these clowns like to poke fun on Bert sugar regarding his age...this guy brings more boxing knowledge and experience in his finger than all of us put together. This guy was here watching robinson fight before any of our fathers were around. I think I would rather listen to this guy than some of you morons that spew vile. Hell, ive heard a lot of young people out here say some of the stupidest, outrageous things ever...so what's their excuse?
    That said, in his interview...i wasn't expecting bert to come out with "breaking news" or some discovery of the century statement on the questions he answered. Maybe, just maybe they shouldv'e provided some hard deep questions and not simple ones we already know the answer to.
    Good post.

Sugar is a legend..... end of story.

But, I do not agree with all of his opinions.

Leave a comment:

• LeadUppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by boxingfan89 View Post
    Some of the things he said are quite true.
    Without factoring in the validity of some of those comments.....
    ..... Bert Sugar is still a legend.

I agree with you 100%.

Some, of the things he said are true.

Aint opinion a wonderful thing.

Leave a comment:

• Laborer
    replied
    Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
    "he didn't seem to want to fight pacquiao", bert sugar on chicken floyd.

bert knows chicken floyd is afraid to fight pacquiao.
    oh yeah, a joke's all we need as proof.

Leave a comment:

• edgarg
    replied
    Originally posted by tusc1976 View Post
    You're not alone...
    It's funny how these clowns like to poke fun on Bert sugar regarding his age...this guy brings more boxing knowledge and experience in his finger than all of us put together. This guy was here watching robinson fight before any of our fathers were around. I think I would rather listen to this guy than some of you morons that spew vile. Hell, ive heard a lot of young people out here say some of the stupidest, outrageous things ever...so what's their excuse?
    That said, in his interview...i wasn't expecting bert to come out with "breaking news" or some discovery of the century statement on the questions he answered. Maybe, just maybe they shouldv'e provided some hard deep questions and not simple ones we already know the answer to.
    I don't think Sugar saw much of Robinson, probably got it in TV like the rest of us. Never mind what he says, His age is 71...SEVENTY ONE which means he was born in 1939.

i think his hat (I bellieve that's what it is) is older than he is.

I know he looks and acts a hundred, but...........the famous Bunk Johnson was saying he'd been born 10 years earlier than it was later discovered he actually was. Even said he taught the much more famous Joe "King" Oliver to play. And it was believed and repeated in munbverless books and articles.....until the fatal day that a birth cert was discovered.....

These things happen

Leave a comment:

• FloydTBE
    replied
    Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    He's only 71-72. looks 90
    lol, hes washed up

Leave a comment:

• edgarg
    replied
    Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
    Bert knows his boxing? But he did'n't say anything that was worth hearing in this interview. Bert surgar is just too old. He's like a shot fighter whose best days are behind him.
    He's only 71-72. looks 90

Leave a comment:

• FloydTBE
    replied
    bert knows his boxing

Leave a comment:

• Real King Kong
    replied
    Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
    Nah bro, that is called a pharmacist. A psychiatrist evaluates and diagnose the mental and emotional condition of a person.

My mistake, a pharmacist fills the prescription, and a doctor prescribes the medicine.
    psychiatrists can prescribe medication for mental illness...thats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony NY/PR
    replied
    Berts always been funny to me. I dont always agree, but he has good takes on all of his opinions. Its too bad the man is getting old. We need more historians like him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X