Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez’ Last Chance to Reclaim Familial Bragging Rights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez’ Last Chance to Reclaim Familial Bragging Rights

By Jake Donovan - The determination behind the best member of a sibling rivalry always seems to come down to the “what have you done for me” argument.

It’s been well over a decade, and boxing fans still debate without a definitive answer as to who is the better of the Klitschko brothers, which the final choice changing after nearly every fight.

The Marquez brothers are hardly immune to such discussion. Public opinion has swayed back and forth over who is the better of the two, though the choice has been a little easier to make in recent years.

This weekend could go a long way towards reviving that argument – or it could settle it once and for all.

How the discussion plays out depends entirely on Rafael Marquez, who for the fourth time in just over three years will face archrival Israel Vazquez. The two collide this weekend at the Staples Center in Los Angles, Calif. (Saturday, Showtime 9PM ET/PT).

What is universally agreed upon is the belief that the Marquez-Vazquez series is high among the greatest in boxing history. Their second and third battles garnered Fight of the Year honors in back-to-back years, with their first bout also scoring high honorable mention honors. [Click Here To Read More]

Marquez will knockout Vasquez late in the fight. Then he will go on to knock out Juanma if they ever fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%BoXeOAzTeKa View Post
      Marquez will knockout Vasquez late in the fight. Then he will go on to knock out Juanma if they ever fight.
      if he finds a way 2 get by israel, juanma will send him into retirement. i promise you bro. rafaels time is close 2 being over, that chin isnt what it use 2 be and juanma will shatter whatevers left of it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Naw juan manuel is the better of the two no hands down unless he wins on saturday and then goes on to beat lopez and gamboa. But juan manuel has made ****** decisions like with john and mayweather with out that he could of been great.

Comment

For what it's worth, I thought Rafael looked much better than Vazquez in their respective comeback fights, and Rafael fought a better opponent (though neither opponent was worth much). Vazquez was given a made-to-order fight but still managed to go life and death before pulling out the knockout.

Of course, all that probably won't mean anything on fight night, but in the sense that they're cashing out against each other and know where they're at - IMO, Marquez is the much fresher of the two.

Comment

Oh god...I know that they're trying to hype up this fight, and I'm sure it's going to be entertaining (not TOO entertaining, I hope for their sakes) but who actually thinks that either man could compete at featherweight? Does anyone want to see either of these class-acts get decapitated by Junama or Gamboa? Because that's what'll happen if they step in the ring undersized and overaged.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  Oh god...I know that they're trying to hype up this fight, and I'm sure it's going to be entertaining (not TOO entertaining, I hope for their sakes) but who actually thinks that either man could compete at featherweight? Does anyone want to see either of these class-acts get decapitated by Junama or Gamboa? Because that's what'll happen if they step in the ring undersized and overaged.
                  GREAT POST!!!!!

I say both should retire after this. No need to go on after what they have done in their last 3 battles.

Comment

True warriors & good luck!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X