No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boom Boom, The Ghost and Youngstown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boom Boom, The Ghost and Youngstown

By T.K. Stewart - To say that Youngstown, Ohio is a major part of who Ray Mancini and Kelly Pavlik are would only be a small part of the story. Whenever you read about either man, Youngstown is always mentioned - or they mention Youngstown. It is an interwoven fabric of their very being.

To hear Mancini and Pavlik tell the story, it’s the people and the fighting spirit of the city that helped to transform them into who they are as people and as fighters.

"I born and raised, born and bred there. Youngstown is where I started and Youngstown is where I fought," says Mancini, now 48, who will forever be known as "Boom Boom".

Twenty-five years ago, Mancini became a sensation when he tore through the lightweight division while appearing on the CBS network’s "Sports Spectacular" that was televised on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. [Click Here To Read More]

good interview,ray mancini is one of my fav boxers.havent heard talk about him in ages tho.
    i wish pac-pbf gets place on june.

Comment

Great article! I've lived in y-town all my life. I can't wait for tomorrow night lol. It's been awesome the last few days here! I've met Freddie Roach, Bob Arum, Michael Buffer, Sam Peter, All of Team Espino, I took a pic with Miguel Espino and we did the classic fist by the face pose, after the pic I had my fist by his face and asked him if he wanted a little preview of tomorrow night!!! Hahaha he just looked at me and smiled. It's been a great few days for boxing fans in youngstown, Ohio! Go Pavlik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to this even more now.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik is one of my favorite, modern day, fighters and I'm sure that I 'll be vindicated in my sentiments. He withstood a lot of trash from some "fans" of his for not fighting in less than 100% condition. Yeah, fight Paul Williams with only one hand. I said Paul was a "rock thrower", but he throws them for 12 rounds. Kelly needs this fight with Espino, Espino is not as good as Rubio was, but Kelly can get some rounds in. I bet Paul gets a call soon.

Comment

Working...
          X