No announcement yet.

Top Rank's Ballpark Boxing Card a Big Hit in Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank's Ballpark Boxing Card a Big Hit in Texas

Top Rank promotions and Lester Bedford brought their concept of ballpark boxing to Whataburger Field bayside in Corpus Christi, Texas. Fight fans were afforded free admission to the venue, then were able to upgrade to a reserved seat for just $5 or $10. The formula proved a great success in August at Quick Trip Ballpark outside of Dallas and the results were similar with a large crowd of 5000 plus in the new first class facility normally dedicated to the Corpus Christi Hooks who are the Double-A affiliate of the Houston Astros and operated by legendary pitcher Nolan Ryan. [details]

Would've been nice if it aired on TV Azteca as promised. I guess it will eventually air, since the crew was there. Given what lies ahead in the fall, not really sure I'm up for catching a tape delay of this show.

Comment

Yeah I have trouble understanding their boxing broadcast schedule.. I think they also were in Tijuana at the Joksan fight?

And is anyone watching/talking about their Campeones reality(?) show? It looks more legit than the Retador show they did..

Comment

Working...
      X