No announcement yet.

"Tank" vs LWs from other eras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

I'm not hoping anything. That's just how Tank fights. When he turns it on you see the end result.

Did you hear Frank in the post-fight press conference talking about how good Tank is at setting traps?

We're seeing 2 different things in the ring from him.
    Most in here don't see the traps you got to know boxing; it's the same mentality that says Davis can't box and is just Wilder; there is no doubt that hate is as blind as a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
      That could change if he fight someone with power.
      I think it could go either way and obviously we’ll never know but gun to my head, I’d pick Tank by KO, just have this gut instinct he’d catch him with a huge shot at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I think it could go either way and obviously we’ll never know but gun to my head, I’d pick Tank by KO, just have this gut instinct he’d catch him with a huge shot at some point.
        I have seen so many tank's in my life, and believe me when I say they all ended up looking at the ceiling sooner rather than later, when face with a good fighter with power.
        Haka Haka likes this.

Comment

That was easy for you. Ko Marquez?A guy that was never ko.
          You have a point, but Marquez is more vulnerable to getting hit than the others, and as we know, he's never faced a puncher like Tank with a high boxing IQ. The closest is Pac who is more of a volume puncher than a power hitter.

Because a fighter has never been KO doesn't mean it is not going to happen or bound to happen. Boxing is full of those stories/records.

Comment

I have seen so many tank's in my life, and believe me when I say they all ended up looking at the ceiling sooner rather than later, when face with a good fighter with power.
            Marquez caught caught/hurt by lesser fighters. H2H I like Tank’s chances.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I checked before I posted. He was #8 in ring 2008. He wasn’t #2.

Raving? I was pushing back against you and others that said Martin was a bum. Stop over exaggerating.

He won by MD. Your scores verify that.

You have got to be kidding. He beat Morales who had lost 3 in a row. MD Montaldo then Fed to Manny. You did the same BS last week claiming some TR guy had a hard road.

You are so biased it’s nauseating. Notice they swerved Raheem after he destroyed the Morales that beat Manny, but Diaz gets the fight after beating 3 loss in a row Morales.

lmfao. Diaz at the time Manny fought him wasn’t better than Pedrazza, Pitbull, Ryan or Martin.

No all of Tank’s fights aren’t easy setups. As many have called you out for- if he were Tankovich from Kazakhstan you’d be fine with his resume.

Díaz was the equivalent of Rolly- a promoter set up for an easy title win/ defense.

Believe he was ranked #2 when he fought Pacquaio. David Diaz that is.

That's according to The Ring ****zine.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Marquez caught caught/hurt by lesser fighters. H2H I like Tank’s chances.
                Never out, and when pacquio hurt anyone he will finish the job, not with Marquez, so I like his chances, too bad we will never get to see it. Below is a list of his most notable opponents, I don't see anyone similar on tank list, maybe pitbull.
                Freddie Norwood
                Manny Pacquio(4)
                Marco A. barrera
                Orlando Salido
                Chris John
                Rocky Juarez
                Joel Casamayor
                Juan Diaz (twice)
                Bradley
                Kasidis
                Mayweather
                LilGizmo LilGizmo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo View Post
                  There is no denying Tank is one of the top lightweights of the world right now.

How would he have faired against Lightweights from other eras.

Manny Pacquiao at 135lbs
                  JMM at 135 lbs
                  Jose Luis Castillo at 135lbs
                  Diego Corrales at 135lbs

I genuinely think he loses to all four, but what do you guys think?
                  Pac and JMM would spark him out and he defeats Castillo and Corrales.

LilGizmo LilGizmo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                    it so weird comparing a guy who wont even fight the best guys in his division to the best guys in other eras or even to anyone actually
                    Truth
                    Chrismart Chrismart Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I checked before I posted. He was #8 in ring 2008. He wasn’t #2.

Raving? I was pushing back against you and others that said Martin was a bum. Stop over exaggerating.

He won by MD. Your scores verify that.

You have got to be kidding. He beat Morales who had lost 3 in a row. MD Montaldo then Fed to Manny. You did the same BS last week claiming some TR guy had a hard road.

You are so biased it’s nauseating. Notice they swerved Raheem after he destroyed the Morales that beat Manny, but Diaz gets the fight after beating 3 loss in a row Morales.

lmfao. Diaz at the time Manny fought him wasn’t better than Pedrazza, Pitbull, Ryan or Martin.

No all of Tank’s fights aren’t easy setups. As many have called you out for- if he were Tankovich from Kazakhstan you’d be fine with his resume.

Díaz was the equivalent of Rolly- a promoter set up for an easy title win/ defense.

Even though David Diaz was a weak challenger, there was no real reason for manny to stay at 135 after that fight. I know, because I was in the middle of those conversations. Nate had already beaten Juan Diaz for the unified titles, so after Manny beat David for the WBC title, Don King set up a meeting with Bob Arum to try and make Manny vs Nate for undisputed. The talks didnt really progress too far, as we found out that they were also talking to Oscar. They ended up making manny-oscar, and who can blame them. Right after manny-oscar, Nate missed weight for the Funeka fight, and all the titles got separated. Manny fought Hatton at 140, and never went back to 135

Comment

Working...
                      X