Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley Sees 'a Lot of Fight' Left in Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley Sees 'a Lot of Fight' Left in Canelo Alvarez

LAS VEGAS - Shane Mosley has dismissed suggestions that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez enters Saturday's fight with Jaime Munguia in decline. At Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena, on the occasion of Cinco de Mayo weekend, Alvarez will defend his undisputed super middleweight title against his fellow Mexican Jaime Munguia, who, at 27, is younger than him by six years.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 05-04-2024, 03:44 AM.

No he’s definitely in a decline.

He’s still good and because of his skill level, he’ll stay relevant for awhile, but it’s without a doubt he’s in a decline. Canelo knows it too. It’s part of the reason why he’s avoiding Benevitez too.

I always thought the 2 back to back wars with GGG took something out of him. It’s showing their effect on him now. That, and the jumping between light heavy and super middle did him no favors either.

Actually, it’s not that far of a stretch to say that he might lose to Munguia.

Comment

Originally posted by b Murphington View Post
      No he’s definitely in a decline.

He’s still good and because of his skill level, he’ll stay relevant for awhile, but it’s without a doubt he’s in a decline. Canelo knows it too. It’s part of the reason why he’s avoiding Benevitez too.

I always thought the 2 back to back wars with GGG took something out of him. It’s showing their effect on him now. That, and the jumping between light heavy and super middle did him no favors either.

Actually, it’s not that far of a stretch to say that he might lose to Munguia.
      In decline yes, but has rejuvenated some in his last fight and this one after surgery, his speed was there last fight and going by his weighin its going to be the old Canelo that was a boxer puncher, not the caveman with a club he was becoming, I can see a spark in Canelo that's been missing for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

In decline yes, but has rejuvenated some in his last fight and this one after surgery, his speed was there last fight and going by his weighin its going to be the old Canelo that was a boxer puncher, not the caveman with a club he was becoming, I can see a spark in Canelo that's been missing for awhile.
        People are definitely overlooking his nagging injuries that are now fully repaired and recovered from. I haven’t seen him this lean and mean in a while.

Comment

Big surprise if Munguia gets a KO, most people think it will be Canelo getting a KO.

Comment

Canelo's had over sixty fights, so that's one thing. But he has hardly ever taken much punishment.

I don't recall any fighter ever doing much physical damage to Canelo. Even in that gruelling second fight with Golovkin, it was GGG who came off the worse for wear.

He's only 33, if I'm correct. I wish I was still in my thirties.
            Last edited by Liondw; 05-04-2024, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I watched a Shane interview where Oscar jealous of him because he beat him 3 times and sabotaging his son

Shane punch drunk and drunk drunk iykyk

Comment

Munguia dropped multiple times and stopped.

Comment

Too bad he himself doesn’t seem to think he has the fight to take on the best
                  factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
                    Big surprise if Munguia gets a KO, most people think it will be Canelo getting a KO.
                    Canelo intends to beat Munguia down like a school yard bully beating the fat ret@rded kid in the school yard.

Unlike Charlo, Munguia doesn't understand what's happening, he'll try to fight and that's when Canelo will beat him unconscious. Forget Garcia/Haney, this fight will show just how corrupt boxing truly is​ and trust me, people will love it. I blame the sanctioning bodies, Canelo, Oscar and Roach for not protecting this one dimensional punching bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X