Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stanionis Says 'It Is Tough to Go Against Canelo' Ahead of Undercard Rematch With Maestre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stanionis Says 'It Is Tough to Go Against Canelo' Ahead of Undercard Rematch With Maestre

Unbeaten WBA welterweight beltholder Eimantas Stanionis admits all prospects are forced to walk a fine line at the start of their careers because they could be written off after just one loss. Lithuanian Stanionis, a former Olympian, is 14-0 (9 KOs) and this weekend boxes former amateur rival Gabriel Maestre on Saturday at the T-Mobile in Las Vegas. While the 29-year-old is looking to unify in time, he is also aware of how costly a slip-up could be. "I was a little bit scared coming from a small country to the U.S." he explained. "Every fight for me was a must-win for me to even allow myself to go somewhere. If I had lost, I would have been forced to pack my bags and go back to Lithuania.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is clearly a humble fighter which is more of a rarity these days with all the extreme egos in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      This is clearly a humble fighter which is more of a rarity these days with all the extreme egos in boxing.
      He's also a dog.
      The Butaev fight had me wanting to see this guy fight again, and isn't that what boxing needs more of?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

He's also a dog.
        The Butaev fight had me wanting to see this guy fight again, and isn't that what boxing needs more of?
        Nothing more likable than a warrior with a pure fighting heart and kind disposition.
        Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X