Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eric Gomez: Golden Boy Has Been in Talks for Show Against Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

By the same token, does getting knocked out by Canelo in a fan-pleasing war mean Munguia’s career would be over? Of course not.

Of course not, but that's not a return fight after being KO'd.

I was speaking under the assumption that this card would be in the next 6-8 months. Munguia getting KO'd in 2 weeks will affect that.

Comment

This idea has been floated since millenia, i.e. the Cold War and it’s only getting considered now? lol Thanks to Eddie for actually listening to fans. Stateside promoters can actually find some great ideas in these forums which is where I first read the idea. But if was to happen it would definitely be TR/GB, not so much PBC as they seem to be in the business of not getting fights done

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Shakur's last fight was his last fight on the Top Rank contract, and if he was smart he would re sign again.

Nobody watched that fight against EDLS and thought "Yeah this kid is exciting. I'm gonna pay him a lot"
        His next fight is July 6th in Newark, vs. TBA! That's his last fight on the contract. I don't think he's signing because his pissed that he didn't get Lomachenko, and Navarrette, and he thinks that if both of them win, they're fighting each other, and not him! He wants Tank, and the best way to get Tank, is to leave Top Rank!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Outstanding, I love it. Hopefully it’s a big event on ESPN for the American sports fan to see
          I can't imagine this event not being on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg
            Great if it happens. I feel like TR are the best at picking talent and GBP are the worst though so this could be 5-0 domination.
            The worse?

Yet GBP has developed Canelo and Ryan two cash Kings and elite fighters. Let's not forget Vergil either.

TR has been great at picking talent that puts you to sleep lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              His next fight is July 6th in Newark, vs. TBA! That's his last fight on the contract. I don't think he's signing because his pissed that he didn't get Lomachenko, and Navarrette, and he thinks that if both of them win, they're fighting each other, and not him! He wants Tank, and the best way to get Tank, is to leave Top Rank!
              No, the best way to get a Tank fight is to not be as good as Shakur is.

Tank is being moved to make him look good. He's never faced anyone who moves and boxes, he's not going to make the first Shakur.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg
                Great if it happens. I feel like TR are the best at picking talent and GBP are the worst though so this could be 5-0 domination.
                Top Rank is def the top promotion for prospects, no debate. GBP used to be probably number 2 but they've fallen off a lot the last few years.

PBC is probably still the bottom, especially since they don't have many fight dates.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

No, the best way to get a Tank fight is to not be as good as Shakur is.

Tank is being moved to make him look good. He's never faced anyone who moves and boxes, he's not going to make the first Shakur.
                  He is now! Frank "The Ghost" can box!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    He is now! Frank "The Ghost" can box!
                    Looked great against Rivera. Looked awful in his last fight. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X