No announcement yet.

Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia - DAZN PPV - Fight by Fight thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

no, what was B.S. was the long count, the excessive hugging and what should’ve been 5-6 knockdowns. The referee ****** and was biased.

Ryan correctly won that fight.
    The truth is Ryan needed a knockout in order to win that fight but he didn’t get one. Which is why he should have lost.

One cannot take rounds off, fight only in spurts, hold and refuse to engage by turning their back on their opponent and just winning a fight on three knockdowns.

Between the knockdowns Garcia didn’t do Jack. It was Haney the one who was chasing him all around the ring. Name me six rounds that Garcia won. I’ll wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      What a fight? A very good fight but I did not have Ryan Garcia winning it.

That fight should have been ruled.a Draw at best. Can someone please show me where Ryan won more than 5 rounds please?

My unofficial score was 113-111 or eight rounds to four in favor of Devin Haney; Which included those three knockdowns.

112-112 or 7-5 in rounds in favor of Devin Haney was a reasonable score. However, the other two judges score cards were B.S.

I didn’t have Garcia winning more than four round in this fiight. So was that the reason why Golden Boy decided to switch venues? So they can igive their guy the.best chance of winning it?

go suck haney’s **** already

please dont ever be a boxing judge
      shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        The truth is Ryan needed a knockout in order to win that fight but he didn’t get one. Which is why he should have lost.

One cannot take rounds off, fight only in spurts, hold and refuse to engage by turning their back on their opponent and just winning a fight on three knockdowns.

Between the knockdowns Garcia didn’t do Jack. It was Haney the one who was chasing him all around the ring. Name me six rounds that Garcia won. I’ll wait.
        I’ll give you one. The 7th. Those knockdowns that didn’t count easily won him the fight. Did they have the 3 knockdown rule in effect? If so the fight should’ve ended there. Not to mention the 13 second count.

Comment

• Great performance by Garcia, but? People are overlooking that Garcia did not make the 140 pound limit 'I believe both fighters really proved something with their performances'.

Garcia was not as weight drained for this fight like he was up against Davis 'Garcia was most likely hitting with more punching power, and had greater durability. Haney to his credit showed courage under heavy bombardment. he sustained heavy damage, was decked but he still got up off the canvas and survive the full distance'.

So although Haney was beaten, those are the positives he can take from the fight.

Note: The positives Garcia can take from the fight, is that he won 'He did turn up, and put in a great performance under pressure'. But all honesty, nobody can overlook the fact that this man did make the 140 pound limit, by quite a distance. Garcia would of had a advantage due to weighing in over the limit, and not altering his preparation to the intensity that would of been required to make the 140 pound limit'.

This is why once again, the Heavyweight Division in terms of pure raw competition 'Is the best division, both Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk embroiled in a context where there are no weight limits, catch weights or rehydration clauses. The fighters as we speak, will be preparing optimally with the specific intention of winning'.

There most likely needs to be a rematch between Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney 'And this time Garcia has to make the weight'.

Overall, it was still a great performance by Garcia 'I am critiquing him for not the making the 140 pound limit. But that would of effected him, and he still had to compose himself and perform on fight night. And this is why I still rate the performance quite highly'.

People must also acknowledge that Garcia has taken big fights, that he could of avoided. Garcia did not have to make the fight vs Gervonta 'Tank' Davis at a catch weight, and with a rehydration clause 'But he did, he took that risk'.

And I believe this fight vs Devin Haney 'A big fight once again, was a fight Garcia most likely could of avoided'. Both fighters deserve credit for challenging each other' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-21-2024, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Crazy fight... I was certain Haney was going to win. Way off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Haney was very close to 170 they mentioned it in the telecast.

Ryan was just better and they robbed him of a ko that was a corrupt 13sec count
              The ref did everything and then some just to make sure haney wouldn't get ktfo. He never warned him for holding and took a point from garcia just to even up the round, what a disgraceful behavior.
              Last edited by garfios; 04-21-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

What a Prediction....
                Lololololol
                Now all of a sudden you're praising Ryan Garcia
                Only on BoxingScene
                Heh
                Was dead wrong. Had no dog in the race.

Fight turned out better than anyone predicted
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

• Credit to Derrick James. Had to deal with a lot of critics after Spence and Charlo lost. Had to deal with a lot of BS during this promotion. But just got on with it and helped his fighter get the W.
                  kiaba360 kiaba360 shwaap shwaap like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey

Don’t forget the bullshyt point deduction without a warning. Later in the fight Devin hit after the break and not even a warning from ref.
                    Yup we've been seeing that on a
                    lot lately just like with Hitchens you know the ref was "talked to".
                    GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Ryan just doesn’t know how to close the deal
                      I figured the jab and move and keeping Ryan at the end of it would be the Haney plan but got outsmarted by Ryan
                      He fought Ryan’s fight when Ryan wasn’t taking the round off
                      I think his chin is his downfall but I also believe the fact these guys fought so many times has much to do with it
                      If there was a fight where Haney should of boxed this was it instead fell into the fire
                      Now everyone knows that his chin ain’t that good and imo anyone with power will take advantage of it
                      Agree and I think Ryan needs to hunt the body too, not just the head.

Comment

Working...
                      X