No announcement yet.

Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia - DAZN PPV - Fight by Fight thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I think Garcia could've done a better job anticipating Haney's clinches and trying to catch him in between. There are some fighters who make it difficult to clinch during the KO moment, and I count that as a skill that complements a boxer's killer instinct. Garcia has so much potential, but he seemingly has so much to learn. This is why it's important to be built properly instead of taking shortcuts to the biggest fights possible.
    Agree.

Shows how special Ryan can be with some discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I think Garcia could've done a better job anticipating Haney's clinches and trying to catch him in between. There are some fighters who make it difficult to clinch during the KO moment, and I count that as a skill that complements a boxer's killer instinct. Garcia has so much potential, but he seemingly has so much to learn.
      His power is real but so much for everything else
      One point Ryan figured it out by uppercutting Haney but that didn’t last long either
      He has much to learn and hopefully he can but not with James

Comment

• There's a couple of issues that Haney always had that are terrible against a good/ great left hooker.

First, he keeps his right hand out in front of his face and doesn't hold the phone with it, leaving the side open. He likes to parry the jab with the back hand but that is just suicide against a great hooker.

Second, his jab is really good but it's a bow & arrow jab. If anyone remembers Jermaine Taylor, he had the same jab. All Ryan did was throw the left hook when Devin jabbed because again, he doesn't hold the phone with his right hand. He pulls his right hand back when he jabs, leaving the right side exposed.

He can fix those things but it's going to be tough because he's been fighting that way for so long. His team literally had to worry about one punch and they couldn't even nullify that.
        Last edited by SweetPbfAli; 04-21-2024, 04:44 AM.
        kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

• What a fight? A very good fight but I did not have Ryan Garcia winning it.

That fight should have been ruled.a Draw at best. Can someone please show me where Ryan won more than 5 rounds please?

My unofficial score was 113-111 or eight rounds to four in favor of Devin Haney; Which included those three knockdowns.

112-112 or 7-5 in rounds in favor of Devin Haney was a reasonable score. However, the other two judges score cards were B.S.

I didn’t have Garcia winning more than four round in this fiight. So was that the reason why Golden Boy decided to switch venues? So they can igive their guy the.best chance of winning it?
          Last edited by champion4ever; 04-21-2024, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            What a fight? A very good fight but I did not have Ryan Garcia winning it.

That fight should have been ruled.a Draw at best. Can someone please show me where Ryan won more than 5 rounds please?

My unofficial score was 113-111 or eight rounds to four in favor of Devin Haney; Which included those three knockdowns.112-112 or 7-5 in rounds in favor of Haney was a reasonable score. The other judges score cards were B.S.

I didn’t have Garcia winning more than four round in this fiight. So was that the reason why Golden Boy decided to switch venues? So they can igive their guy the.best chance of winning it?
            Hahajajajjaaj you should not watch boxing it's not for you your blinded by bias mentality.

I can say Floyd never beat Oscar it was Close had Oscar winning....don't make it true though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Hahajajajjaaj you should not watch boxing it's not for you your blinded by bias mentality.

I can say Floyd never beat Oscar it was Close had Oscar winning....don't make it true though.
              So you award a decision to a man who runs all around the ring without engaging, holding and turning his back on his opponent.

So what are the seven and eight rounds in that fight did you have Garcia winning? The man fought only in spurts. However, I do give him credit for the three knockdowns and left hooks that Haney couldn’t slip.

Comment

• Fantastic fight ! Ryan is box office to watch, Great fun style, crazy to see him constantly turning his back though, Devin could of whacked him with a hook so many times if he took a step back...
                Devin couldn't commit with his hard jab once he felt Ryan's power. That ref was on the take, how is Haney allowed to hold for so long when hurt.
                Would love to see this at 140 for the belts..
                Ryan with the strings playing pre fight, great theatre.
                Garcia circus is over for now.
                Kicked off a great run of upcoming big fights, let's hope they all as entertaining.
                ​​​​​​Also DAZN is here is farked, f all pubs were showing it cause of their streaming set up.
                Last edited by LG Motel 22; 04-21-2024, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  What a fight? A very good fight but I did not have Ryan Garcia winning it.

My unofficial score was 113-111 or eight rounds to four in favor of Devin Haney; Which included those three knockdowns.

112-112 or 7-5 in rounds in favor of Devin Haney was a reasonable score. However, the other two judges score cards were B.S.

no, what was B.S. was the long count, the excessive hugging and what should’ve been 5-6 knockdowns. The referee ****** and was biased.

Ryan correctly won that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
                    ****!! Cryan looks fat af. He got tltties and talking to himself. This dudes getting his ass kicked or quitting for sure.
                    What a Prediction....
                    Lololololol
                    Now all of a sudden you're praising Ryan Garcia
                    Only on BoxingScene
                    Heh

Comment

• Does last night show how a Floyd vs. Khan fight would have gone?

Comment

Working...
                      X