Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I think he’ll run it back cause of the money
    Read that Ryan was making 30 million tonight so Haney easily made 10 imo
    The only way Haney doesn’t Is if he fights non punchers but then again how long can he do that
    Especially if he has to come up to 147
    There are several fighters at 140lb who can punch, so it's not like Haney will be able to avoid it forever. Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to avoid punchers. He was excessively holding while he was hurt, but as soon as his head would clear, he would try to apply front-foot pressure and would place himself right back in danger. I really do think if Ryan was more of a complete fighter, he would've been able to finish Haney once he had him hurt. I think I was actually more impressed by Haney's resilience tonight than his boxing ability. His offensive posture was too loose, and he's gonna kick himself when he watches it back and realize all of the holes. Haney seemed to show a lack of respect for Garcia's physical attributes, which is pretty crazy.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-21-2024, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

There are several fighters at 140lb who can punch, so it's not like Haney will be able to avoid it forever. Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to avoid punchers. He was excessively holding while he was hurt, but as soon as his head would clear, he would try to apply front-foot pressure and would place himself right back in danger. I really do think if Ryan was more of a complete fighter, he would've been able to finish Haney once he had him hurt. I think I was actually more impressed by Haney's resilience tonight than his boxing ability. His offensive posture was too loose, and he's gonna kick himself when he watches it back and realize the holes he was leaving. Haney seemed to show a lack of respect for Garcia's physical attributes, which is pretty crazy.
      Ryan just doesn’t know how to close the deal
      I figured the jab and move and keeping Ryan at the end of it would be the Haney plan but got outsmarted by Ryan
      He fought Ryan’s fight when Ryan wasn’t taking the round off
      I think his chin is his downfall but I also believe the fact these guys fought so many times has much to do with it
      If there was a fight where Haney should of boxed this was it instead fell into the fire
      Now everyone knows that his chin ain’t that good and imo anyone with power will take advantage of it

Comment

There are several fighters at 140lb who can punch, so it's not like Haney will be able to avoid it forever. Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to avoid punchers. He was excessively holding while he was hurt, but as soon as his head would clear, he would try to apply front-foot pressure and would place himself right back in danger. I really do think if Ryan was more of a complete fighter, he would've been able to finish Haney once he had him hurt. I think I was actually more impressed by Haney's resilience tonight than his boxing ability. His offensive posture was too loose, and he's gonna kick himself when he watches it back and realize all of the holes. Haney seemed to show a lack of respect for Garcia's physical attributes, which is pretty crazy.
        In all fairness Ryan did finish Haney that was a long 13 sec count he was robbed of it by the corrupt ref.

Comment

Ryan just doesn’t know how to close the deal
          I figured the jab and move and keeping Ryan at the end of it would be the Haney plan but got outsmarted by Ryan
          He fought Ryan’s fight when Ryan wasn’t taking the round off
          I think his chin is his downfall but I also believe the fact these guys fought so many times has much to do with it
          If there was a fight where Haney should of boxed this was it instead fell into the fire
          Now everyone knows that his chin ain’t that good and imo anyone with power will take advantage of it
          Haney said he wanted to show his arsenal, but tonight was the time to keep everything simple and compact. He finally needs to accept that he's not a puncher, because throwing leaping lead left hooks against someone with power/speed is suicidal.

I think Linares exposed his chin a long time ago. I really want to see the Matias fight now (pure boxer vs. pressure fighter), but let's see if Paro can upset that apple cart.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 04-21-2024, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

In all fairness Ryan did finish Haney that was a long 13 sec count he was robbed of it by the corrupt ref.
            I had the sound off. Was it the first KD that was long?

Comment

Haney said he wanted to show his arsenal, but tonight was the time to keep everything simple and compact. He finally needs to accept that he's not a puncher, because throwing leaping lead left hooks against someone with power/speed is suicidal.

I think Linares exposed his chin a long time ago. I really want to see the Matias fight now, but let's see if Paro can upset that apple cart.
              Couldn’t say it better
              Stick and move was the smart plan but when your old man is shouting otherwise I guess it takes a toll on you

Comment

Couldn’t say it better
                Stick and move was the smart plan but when your old man is shouting otherwise I guess it takes a toll on you
                I normally have a fight on mute, so I didn't hear the corner interactions. Very few fighters have the attributes to be effective at multiple styles. Even-though a potential tactic would be to try and smother Garcia's power, Haney doesn't have the power/stamina/size to be a pressure fighter. He doesn't have the chin to step into the fire so many times without finally getting burned.

Comment

I normally have a fight on mute, so I didn't hear the corner interactions. Very few fighters have the attributes to be effective at multiple styles. Even-though a potential tactic would be to try and smother Garcia's power, Haney doesn't have the power/stamina/size to be a pressure fighter. He doesn't have the chin to step into the fire so many times without finally getting burned.
                  Garcia smothers himself and for the life of me couldn’t understand why after hurting Haney , Garcia would hold him instead of trying to get him out
                  Imo , that was Ryan not training and Wtv it is he gets off on

Comment

I had the sound off. Was it the first KD that was long?
                    Yes the first KD in the 7th Haney was still on his knees when he working his way up ref had reach 10 yet Haney still wasn't upright blatantly corrupt.
                    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Garcia smothers himself and for the life of me couldn’t understand why after hurting Haney , Garcia would hold him instead of trying to get him out
                      Imo , that was Ryan not training and Wtv it is he gets off on
                      I think Garcia could've done a better job anticipating Haney's clinches and trying to catch him in between. There are some fighters who make it difficult to clinch during the KO moment, and I count that as a skill that complements a boxer's killer instinct. Garcia has so much potential, but he seemingly has so much to learn and master. This is why it's important to be built properly instead of taking shortcuts to the biggest fights possible.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 04-21-2024, 03:28 AM.
                      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X