Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu Sparring Has Ambitious Panthen Ready For Hudaynazarov Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu Sparring Has Ambitious Panthen Ready For Hudaynazarov Fight

There's a lot of talk about Jordan Panthen these days. You might assume it's because the all-action middleweight is seeking his eighth pro win this Thursday in Costa Mesa against Ravshan Hudaynazarov.
    [Click Here To Read More]

According to Boxrec, he's been fighting since 2012... when he was 1-6 as an amateur before he returned to the amateur circuit after a seven year layoff..

I'm no mathematician, but 2012 to 2024 isn't five years..

And, sparring is very useful, but I don't think it can tell you if you're on a world-level. It is sparring, after all. Under the right conditions, anyone can be made to look world-level while sparring. Who's that one guy that everyone raves about because he gave Floyd some good work while sparring, years ago?

Where is he now?

Best wishes, though. Do your thing, Panthen.
    ​​​​​
    JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Tszyu would knock him out if it was for real.

Comment

Yikes!! Hudaynazarov has lost five of his last seven fights, and he’s been boxing professionally for sixteen years. His promotional photo looks like an ad for AARP. Kinda gives new meaning to the word “mismatch … one wonders how matchups like these get Commission approval.

Comment

Originally posted by GIT View Post
          Yikes!! Hudaynazarov has lost five of his last seven fights, and he’s been boxing professionally for sixteen years. His promotional photo looks like an ad for AARP. Kinda gives new meaning to the word “mismatch … one wonders how matchups like these get Commission approval.
          Money

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
            According to Boxrec, he's been fighting since 2012... when he was 1-6 as an amateur before he returned to the amateur circuit after a seven year layoff..

I'm no mathematician, but 2012 to 2024 isn't five years..

And, sparring is very useful, but I don't think it can tell you if you're on a world-level. It is sparring, after all. Under the right conditions, anyone can be made to look world-level while sparring. Who's that one guy that everyone raves about because he gave Floyd some good work while sparring, years ago?

Where is he now?

Best wishes, though. Do your thing, Panthen.
            ​​​​​
            Paul Spadafora, he had a fanbase on here based on that and a nice looking record full of mostly club fighters, I think he did some time for DV and when he cameback lost his 0 and I haven't heard anything from him since.
            TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X