Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kenny Porter on Spence-Crawford Stoppage: I Wouldn't Have Let That Go On That Far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kenny Porter on Spence-Crawford Stoppage: I Wouldn't Have Let That Go On That Far

Trainer Kenny Porter is concerned by the damage Errol Spence Jr. sustained in his dramatically one-sided tussle with Terence Crawford. Crawford scored three knockdowns en route to stopping Spence in the ninth round at T-Mobile Arena last Saturday in Las Vegas to unify all four belts in the welterweight division. Most expected a nip-and-tuck affair, but the high-profile showdown quickly devolved into a mismatch, with Crawford having his way with the native of Desoto, Texas, practically from the get-go. Omaha, Nebraska's Crawford dropped Spence three times in the fight and landed what seemed like the majority of his punches.
    [Click Here To Read More]

James should have pulled the plug after the 2 knockdowns in the 7th. There didn't seem to be any game plan to turn the fight around. The doctor had already looked at Spence at the beginning of the 5th round. I thought that was just to give Spence a free rest, but Spence really had nothing after the 4th.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
      James should have pulled the plug after the 2 knockdowns in the 7th. There didn't seem to be any game plan to turn the fight around. The doctor had already looked at Spence at the beginning of the 5th round. I thought that was just to give Spence a free rest, but Spence really had nothing after the 4th.
      Exactly what I've been saying. Coulda easily stopped it at the 7th. Guess James was more worried with his reputation than his fighters safety. He was just hoping for a hail Mary punch

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
        I agree that James should've stopped it in the 7th (from a trainer's perspective he has to now whether it's going to work out or not) but I think Harvey Dock did a great job stopping it at the right time for this level of fight. However, I did find it a bit odd that the doc started looking at Spence in the 5th though

Comment

Kenny knew why he stopped the fight with Crawf. James is a ****y sob who tried to prove a dumb mf point while gettin his fighter seriously hurt.
          Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

It became personal for James and Spence was disposable in the heat of the moment. He was telling Errol to do things he was never capable of doing or that he never trained him to do.

The last press conference was telling. He was way too emotionally involved to the point of childish insults and talking over BoMac, who just laughed because even he knew what it was about.

Comment

The doctor looked at Spence to give Spence an additional amount of time to recuperate, disgusting tactic that has basically become prevalent within PBC to help their A side fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Exactly what I've been saying. Coulda easily stopped it at the 7th. Guess James was more worried with his reputation than his fighters safety. He was just hoping for a hail Mary punch
                He did the same thing to Browne against Beterbiev until Marcus quit and likely never fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                  It became personal for James and Spence was disposable in the heat of the moment. He was telling Errol to do things he was never capable of doing or that he never trained him to do.

The last press conference was telling. He was way too emotionally involved to the point of childish insults and talking over BoMac, who just laughed because even he knew what it was about.
                  Did you see Derek’s face when Bud came over after the fight to talk to Errol? He looked like he was going g to jump over guys and throw a sucker punch
                  El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Rematch is going to be a hard sell. The first fight won't have even attracted a huge casual audience. Rematch either at 147, where Spence took a 1 sided beating or 154 where there are no belts on the line.

Comment

Working...
                    X