No announcement yet.

Montiel vs Penalosa, Morel vs Gorres WBO Eliminators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montiel vs Penalosa, Morel vs Gorres WBO Eliminators

WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel had ordered two bantamweight eliminators with two bouts where the winners will face each other in 2010. The reasoning is for the constant stall for a fight between WBO bantamweight champion Fernando Montiel and mandatory Eric Morel. The fight has been postponed a number of times. After Montiel suffered a bad cut during his recent defense against Alex Valdez, he didn't think he could heal in time and withdrew from a November 14 defense against Morel. [details]

montiel vs. penalosa

montiel will have a boxing lesson if he fights penalosa!!!

Comment

I'm liking this. Montiel is one of my favourites, but Penalosa has a monster chin and heart as we saw against Juanma despite being past it.

Comment

Penalosa "southpaw" equals trouble for Montiel whom cannot deal with left handers, he has had trouble with Too Sharp Johnson, Z Gorres and his last opponent who was a Southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by vince_13 View Post
          montiel will have a boxing lesson if he fights penalosa!!!
          im filipino and i doubt that very much. I like Gorres' chances though.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            im filipino and i doubt that very much. I like Gorres' chances though.
            I will be rooting for Gorrez i really think is an underrated fighter.

Comment

I will root for both Gorrez and Penalosa. Montiel and Morel arent jokes IMO.

Comment

sounds fun!

i like watching montiel fight. hopefully he can come back and make up for the valdez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
                  sounds fun!

i like watching montiel fight. hopefully he can come back and make up for the valdez fight.
                  I believe that was more to do with the cut than actually getting beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                    I believe that was more to do with the cut than actually getting beaten.
                    It prolly was but he did get nailed/dropped with an uppercut that should of been called a legit KD.

Comment

Working...
                    X