Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: "Boots Ennis Is Going To Have Trouble With Vergil Ortiz"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ennis ain't ready for Ortiz Jr yet. I have yet to see him with at least Kavaliauskas-level opponents first. Stop selling people that untested hype train... Robert Garcia is right.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

Don’t hate or compare, U sound racist as ****kk!
      It’s facts. Quit the pitty party and using racism as a crutch. Nothing racist was said.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

You do know that Boots can box right? The question is could Vergil do the same; Because if he can't then Jaron would do a real paint job on him? He is easily the more versatile of the two fighters.
        I get that, however… what if boots chin doesn’t hold up to the pressure? No man has gone the distance with Vergil. Can boots is the question???

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

I get that, however… what if boots chin doesn’t hold up to the pressure? No man has gone the distance with Vergil. Can boots is the question???
          What fight did Ennis show he can box? Anyone that pressures him ends up on his chest or with him against the ropes.

Comment

Boots is a lot faster and quicker than Vergil Ortiz. In addition, Vergil is much easier to hit than boots. Ennis knocks Ortiz out easily if he doesn’t learn any new defense.

Comment

A lot of delusion in the thread, people thinking Ortiz is really that experienced vs competition made for him to move up the rinks and look good and Ennis will offer no resistance while tagging Ortiz coming in. Remember they are both literally 2 154s draining down to 147 so no physical advantages either way. This fight is simply how well Ennis takes a punch and I'm not talking accumulation, given he switches so the target won't be there consist for Ortiz like his resume full of pocket fighter. See Crawford and why Oscar says, we prefer to fight Spence, the flat footed plotter, than Crawford the switch hitting mover.

Oscar knows best.
              Last edited by hhh1200; 11-24-2022, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I got Boots by tko. Ortiz isn't dynamic enough and he takes a lot of shots. That last fight he was in he was taking a lot of puches. Boots starts landing, it's over under 5.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  What fight did Ennis show he can box? Anyone that pressures him ends up on his chest or with him against the ropes.
                  Idk man, it’s a very interesting fight for both for sure! I’d love to see it next! Too bad we all know it’s not gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Boots is a lot faster and quicker than Vergil Ortiz. In addition, Vergil is much easier to hit than boots. Ennis knocks Ortiz out easily if he doesn’t learn any new defense.
                    No one knocks Vergil out “easily” my guy, I think we both are smart enough to know that. If anyone beats Vergil, he would have gone through hell and back to do so! Can boots do so? Sure he can, will he is the real question? That we don’t know. Can Vergil also beat boots?! Sure he can too! Will be us the real question and we don’t make that either… till they bump in the squared circle, no one knows!

Comment

Okay you make a good point. However, I must remind you that unlike Vergil; Jaron Ennis is not a face first slugger.

He is more patient. He gives you different looks and angles in order to find openings.

So answer this hypothetical for me. What happens when Boots get off first and beats Ortiz to the punch?

Then what happens? Would Ortiz be able to survive?

Comment

Working...
                      X