Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne Bashes BBBofC After Proposed Daniel Dubois Clash Rejected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thack View Post
    Mismatch , Lucus would be a sitting duck , he's far too slow with few skills and been badly KO'd before..If he insists on fighting it should be at a lower level not a KO artist at the 02 main event .
    I don't know why you feel this was an appropriate comment, we'd hardly get any fights if it was deemed people with "little chance" shouldn't be sanctioned damn...

Opinions on who does and doesn't have a chance sometimes don't play out the way people expect especially in the heavyweight division, Browne proved this is his fight against Fa.

The Fa fight was ultimately supposed to be a showcase comeback fight and highlight reel knockout for Fa and it ended in disaster.

Comment

Age, yada yada... Are we just going to ignore that he's a two-time drug cheat?
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=P to the J;n31597859]

Prob right about all this, but if boxing boards stepped in every time they deemed someone to have little chance of winning then what kind of precedent would that set?

You could make the case that a hell of a lot of even recent matches wouldn’t have happened. But more pertinently, it would obviously deny the opportunity for upsets, which are not uncommon, because you obv. have to get in the ring to prove you’re better.

Why should Browne lose the opportunity at a payday and an upset that many others have had, even if he is trash?[/QUOTE;
        I agree it's a fine line like lots of things and you are right in saying there must be a window for 'upsets' which are an exciting part of our sport but I would genuinely fear for a slow and pounderous fighter like Brownes safety against a murderous hitter like Daniel is , sometimes they are too brave for their own good and have to be protected.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

No Right to Deny Happiness (2006)

Take this bum Daniel Dubois to purse-bid 'Big-Daddy'! Fight Lucas Browne or vacate!
          Another great bet here just pick the opposite of 1hourBum.

Just like the Rocky clip 1hourBum has the right to sound like a complete clown.

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post

Another great bet here just pick the opposite of 1hourBum.

Just like the Rocky clip 1hourBum has the right to sound like a complete clown.

peter, ask Nash out , who told the boxingscene to bet the farm on 'Big-Daddy' vs. Junior Fa. Hater.
            Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Age, yada yada... Are we just going to ignore that he's a two-time drug cheat?
              I mean the fight would have taken place in the UK where other drug cheats have been caught(Tyson Fury. Dillian Whyte, Kid Galahad, Billy Joe Saunders, Conor Benn). What would be the difference? All of them fought on and in the case of Fury and Whyte the fights weren't cancelled (Hammer/Rivas)

Even though Browne is shot to **** at this point he did win his last fight (even if it was with a rabbit punch). So they shouldn't have a reason not to sanction him, he's got a punchers chance and DuBois is fragile so anything could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

peter, ask Nash out , who told the boxingscene to bet the farm on 'Big-Daddy' vs. Junior Fa. Hater.
                I've just spoken to my cousin Nash out and he is not happy at the treatment of Browne not getting his shot. It makes no sense. His recent win over Fa, is a better win than any on Dubois's record. Cash in
                1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Browne was a C level fighter who's been caught cheating multiple times. He beat Fa, who is a bum, who cares? He would get smashed by Dubois.

Comment

So unless they've spelled out that there is an age limit, then yeah I think he should sue. They are preventing him from making a living because of his age.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      Hahaha! Lucas Browne back in the WBA regular title picture? Thought they were going to end this secondary title BS. Keeping it at HW still. Browne destroying Fa was pretty surprising but let’s not forget he got stopped in 3 rounds by a David Allen body shot & got dropped & barely beat Kamil Sokolowski a few years back. He also lost to a rugby player I believe… That win over Fa was huge for his ranking. Just waiting for the final eliminator with Fres Oquendo…
                      It was a Retired rugby player, he got ko'd in first round. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X