Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: There Is Currently No Reason ... That The Eubank-Benn Fight Should Not Take Place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"There is no violation"
    "There is no reason"

There literally is. Benn tested positive. As simple as that
    MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

To me, it's ultimately up to Eubank to go through with or not. Risk/reward. And he should get a good chunk of change if he decides not to go through with it. If Benn popped with UKAD that's a different story, rules being rules. Like it or not, Eubank wants the payday and if he can get a few extra pounds in his bank account along with adding a few extra pounds to his frame than contracted for the weigh-in - feeling he's the naturally bigger and more experienced man - let the man earn is paycheck. They mutually agreed to VADA; they can mutually agree to not consider VADA.
      Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Now we know why Benn only fights in the UK and has been KOing everyone lmao

Comment

These aren't heavyweights. Benn is coming up in weight and facing a bigger guy and the stuff is out of his system at this point so it was only a benefit during training. It doesn't excuse cheating but at the same time I don't want to be robbed of this fight if Eubank Jr. is happy to move forward with it. There are also a lot of other fighters/people who will be losing money if this doesn't take place, not just Eddie Hearn. I think Eubank beats this kid up, vargina pills or not.

The real side story here should be how useless UKAD is and how this was supposedly known weeks ago but we're having to deal with lawyers 2 days before the fight instead of figuring this out like adults weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post
            "There is no violation"
            "There is no reason"

'Adverse finding' from a voluntary reporting body that then reported to the fighters, who on professional advice decided to proceed.

Personally I don't think they should fight under this cloud... but it's not as simple as you state.

If BBoC really think this warrants action... then they should suspend all fights while they investigate why UKAD testing didn't pick this up. And be prepared to compensate.
            Last edited by Toffee; 10-06-2022, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              Hearn is on another planet , a drugs test for a banned substance has come back positive by an independent body , you simply can't over look this and just continue!
              Yes they can , he's done it before with dillian whyte

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post
                "There is no violation"
                "There is no reason"

Not that simple, I heard the dirty test sample got mixed up with dillian whytes missing b sample

Comment

No fight and 2 year ban for Benn. It was a dumb fight in the first place.
                  MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

The funniest aspect to me is Kalle Sauerland analyzing the PED
                    Liverian Liverian likes this.

Comment

Benn is gonna get battered anyway. PEDs or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X