Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Haney Clearly Top Guy At 135; Anybody Say Otherwise Definitely Hatin' On Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UniqueBoxing View Post

How do you see Shakur Stevenson vs Haney?
    That's a tough one as the two are skilled boxers,throw great jabs but both being defense oriented,albeit in different manners,I'm not sure if either would take the lead. Both excel when the opposing fighter pushes the pace giving them openings to counter,not sure which one does it here if at all. Then again both aren't punchers so i can see Shakur,whos been a little more willing to engage of late,hold center of the ring attempting to goad Haney into giving him more opportunities. Haney has no problem doing what he does which would be jab,jab n grab so I can't see him taking the lead or risks imo.

As great talents as they are it honestly might be the worst fight to make stylistically. As ugly and boring as Haney made his fight with Kambo,him vs Shakur im afraid could be worse and turn into nothing more than a glorified sparring session.
    Last edited by Sctrojan; 09-30-2022, 09:35 AM.
    UniqueBoxing UniqueBoxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
      Haney had the easiest path in boxing history to become undisputed but he did beat the man that beat the man so he is THE fighter at 135. Is he the best fighter at 135 though?...I'm not so sure. He got countered flush numerous times by JoJo and got put on crear street by Linares. What happens when Ryan,Tank or Loma land those same counters?

Loma with his footwork,angles and boxing IQ certainly can beat Haney but we"ll see exactly how much he has left in the tank here in a few weeks. Ryan has the height,reach,boxing ability and with his hairpin triggered left hook, he can to do the same. With his lack of size,Tank will have the biggest difficulty here. His gameplan will have to be to get inside because if not,he"ll just get pot shotted/jabbed to the death . Tanks saving grace is that Haney has very little pop on his punches so Tank can afford to take the risk necessary to get on the inside. Haney will more than likely resort to his jab n grab when he attempts to to but that"ll leave openings for Tank to land his great uppercuts, either right before or right out of one of Haneys clinches.

In all,is Haney "the man" at 135lb?...yes. The "best" not so sure.
      You're 'playa hatin'
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I don't see how anybody can say Haney had an easy way to the title. The first title, I'll admit, was a gift, but he had to sign his freedom away and face Kambo in Oz for the rest. They can't get a Charlo on a boat to Australia for 10 mil. Haney did what he had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          I don't see how anybody can say Haney had an easy way to the title. The first title, I'll admit, was a gift, but he had to sign his freedom away and face Kambo in Oz for the rest. They can't get a Charlo on a boat to Australia for 10 mil. Haney did what he had to do.
          What does Charlo have to do with this article and who would he go fight in Australia and why?
          tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post

What does Charlo have to do with this article and who would he go fight in Australia and why?
            Word up these people be dumb asf, they get on here and say anything.
            real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/tim-tszy...tralia--156672
              I didn't see any takers.

Comment

Of the current undisputed champions, the only one that I believe has established themselves to be the clear #1 in the division is charlo. At 135 there was too much sloppiness once the wbc threw in the franchise title. So hopefully the fights that should get made actually get made.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post

That confused me too.

Comment

Haney is easily the top dogg and a win vs lomachenko would further solidify that

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                      Shakur " Low Blow" Stevenson. First he doesn't make weight, the he low blows the heck out Robson.

Devin " The Hugger" Haney, jab, jab, hug all night.

Don't refs do their job any more. No points taken off for excessive low blows and clinching.
                      If we're not going to critique Crawford for tossing a blatant low blow on Khan and holding-hitting Kavaliauskas, then it's fair game across the board. Let's be consistent.

Comment

Working...
                      X