Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager: A Joshua Fight is Enormous Even If He Loses To Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    Oh wow, this Finkel fella now got balls to deal with Hearn.
    Last time he couldn't even bring himself into returning Eddie's phone messages.
    Let alone deal with him in person.

How is Shirley so sure it would be big? In terms of what? PPV? How, with all the piracy going on?

DAZN's spending spree is over. Does this guy really think DAZN will be offering the same numbers as before?
    They screw up last time and now they want smooth sailing again.

If I understood correctly; Anthony Joshua fights on Skysport and not DAZN.

Comment

It'll always be a big fight but its essentially two guys past their prime who have both had their asses badly beat multiple times, fighting like 5 years after interest peaked. Its pretty sad that its come to that, but not surprising.

Comment

The fight makes total sense for both AJ and Wilder (should AJ lose, hell even if he wins vs Usyk). Both AJ and Wilder lost to master boxers, the best in this era, AJ and Wilder are also amongst the best and a fight between them would be massive.

Comment

Wilder vs AJ (Should AJ lose to Usyk) AND Fury vs AJ (Should AJ beat Usyk) are both massive fights, and especially in the UK! Actually, if AJ wins OR loses vs Usyk, I’d still tune into either of these fights.

Comment

Usyk`s and Fury`s baby should toy with each other, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              Oh wow, this Finkel fella now got balls to deal with Hearn.
              Last time he couldn't even bring himself into returning Eddie's phone messages.
              Let alone deal with him in person.

How is Shirley so sure it would be big? In terms of what? PPV? How, with all the piracy going on?

DAZN's spending spree is over. Does this guy really think DAZN will be offering the same numbers as before?
              They screw up last time and now they want smooth sailing again.
              That's true. DAZN, just like any startup company in the content providing business, spend billions of dollars in its initial phase.

So when they were offering astronomical sums, Finkel/Haymon/Espinoza mistakenly saw it as an indication of the size of the fight. They thought the Mike Tyson era is back.

It was silly because those offers didn't have anything to do with the size. DAZN was into building its subscribers base. Don't know how you can translate that to PPV numbers.

In the end, Espinoza got it and had had enough of overpaying Wilder and his opponents; withdrew their rights on the Wilder fights and gave them to FOX, like the Wilder vs Ortiz 2.
              Last edited by BreWall; 08-09-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The 3rd and 4th best HWs of this era. Makes sense to do an elimination

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                  Why do boxing fans ***** so much?
                  every fight, every fighter just gets constantly bashed…this is why our sport is dying.
                  wahhh wahhh 5 years to late wahhh wahhh Wilder lost 2x wahhhh wahhh

stfu and enjoy the sport. Aj vs wilder is a great fight anytime, 5 years ago or 5 years from now.
                  ****ing amen. It’s an absolute firefight, and I can’t get with anyone who would have a problem with it. People still obsessed with that ‘0’.

Comment

I want to see the beating AJ puts on Wilder. I can see a brutal and savage beatdown leading to egg shaped dents and Wilder's brother conducting a post fight autopsy on his live brother.

Till this day! I've got an egg shaped dent in my head! Till this day!!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Can you think of a better Heavyweight matchup? So would you rather see a Fury vs Wilder IV instead?
                      No, I'm not knocking it as a fight. It's a great fight. And Joshua would be up for it I don't doubt. Which would be just as well for Wilder, as he's not really bringing much to the table. But will no doubt demand more than his worth. I highly doubt it happens anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X