Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is happening with Crawford vs Spence? Dead in the water?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Espinoza said it on Twitter. He never said anybody was pricing themselves out, just that he hasn't talked to Crawford or his team yet. Deductively, if he hasn't even gotten that far yet and they're having such a hard time getting the pieces in place, there must be a problem with Spence which he's got a direct line to.
    That doesn't make sense.
    bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post

That doesn't make sense.
      Of course it makes sense. If they're having such big problems and not even talking to Crawford yet, they must be having a hard time getting Spence what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

No rush as far as trying to rush negotiations, let them work it out and if it has to get pushed back to early 2023 then so be it
        There is a group of posters that would prefer the fight not happen so they can continue to complain.

Very weird.

Comment

They don't think Spence can beat him. Fanboys can talk all they want. Seems Crawford isn't interested in a multi-fight deal like Canelo but unlike Canelo won't let him walk off with the belts. There goes Haymon is only for the brothers. Crawford wants Spence and Charlo. I'd guess to get that you would have to sign with PBC unless you are Canelo who gets to knock Spence out at 164 and walk off. There goes Haymon is only for the brothers.

Spence Crawford = Jermall Andrade

When a guy is real good you just have to listen to the trainers. According to James and Sheilds, Andrade Crawford are nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyRebel View Post
            Crawford is pricing himself out to duck Spence. Spence has 3 belts to Crawford's 1. Spence sells more PPV. But Crawford thinks he deserves 50/50 or more than Spence. The guy is delusional. Bob Arum lost $ promoting him and overpaid him. So now Crawford thinks everyone will over pay him. The guy is a cherry picking hype job. His resume is trash for the hype he gets. He's almost 35 and never fought an A class or higher fighter that wasn't inactive, faded or vastly outsized. Crawford only said he wanted Spence so his cherry picks wouldn't seem as bad as they were. Now that Spence cleaned up his side with 3 belts you don't see Crawford talking like before. Crawford needed a mandatory just to fight ready to retire Shawn Porter. He knows Spence will expose and beat him and that's why he's pricing himself out.

Inactive and blown up Gamboa put him on queer street. He had to lowblow washed up glass jaw Amir Khan to stop him. Peg legged Jose Bumavidez took rounds off Crawford until his bum leg gave out. Washed up and weight drained quitter Brook damn near closed his eye within a few rounds before he quit. Eurobum Mean Machine dropped him. There's a reason Crawford cherry picked so many bums and faded former champs. There's a reason he ducked top caliber fighters.
            hey you know if Fists_of_Fury is ever gonna be unbanned?
            The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              I think that is where people are reluctant to invest a lot into this fight because Espinoza and Showtime have the Analytics, they see those Numbers and they see that this have a great possibility of Flopping Hard because the numbers are not adding up for this fight compared to what a very small Group of Hardcore Fans (again most who don't spend money on tickets or buy PPV's) are claiming this fight to be
              My point exactly!

The casual fans are key here- that's where the majority of the revenue comes from to make these big fights- big. I believe it's gonna flop as well, so, I'm glad they're taking their time with this.

I'm sick of Spence and that goofy smirk of his when the media alludes to people "ducking" him. He has fans but those numbers just don't add up when the buys roll in. Again, his numbers aren't all that great but Bud's are even worse in the PPV market. Spence has notable opponents and still can't really crack more than 300k while Crawford's numbers were half that against guys who aren't big names.

Hardcore fans will cry, piss, and moan for a fight but gets alligator arms when it's time to pay for a fight. They did the same in both Ward/Kovalev fights and a few others. I'm trusting the pros with this one and not the impatient fans.

From the way it looks, we're in a recession so they're gonna have to be upright and competent with the promotion and price tag for this fight.
              Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 08-08-2022, 12:42 PM.
              sicko likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

hey you know if Fists_of_Fury is ever gonna be unbanned?
                Lol. So its not a secret who Johnny Rebel is.
                LeOoze likes this.

Comment

Crawford can’t blame Arum anymore

Comment

What a joke. Really don’t care about this fight anymore. 2 bitches blocking up the division.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Of course it makes sense. If they're having such big problems and not even talking to Crawford yet, they must be having a hard time getting Spence what he wants.
                      It's not making any sense in the sense that it's looking like Spence's people are not trusting the numbers Espinoza is presenting like potential earnings, etc. Which probably doesn't match what the Errol team is expecting. I mean who knows more about the numbers than the network executive himself?

Comment

Working...
                      X